Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation I want some feedback from everyone

This is a moment in time for everyone to be brutally honest cuz i know how alot of this is going to go for me from some but its what i want to hear which is why im asking. When in your opinion did this forum take a nosedive? Im saving my answer for last im gonna run this for 24 hours just for my own amusement while i delete every single link of research how to thread and project i have made for this site. Countless hours mind you time to take it all down. Interpret that as you will but i want the above question answered honestly. Thank you.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

2. Banned
    I saved a turtle yesterday.

PM sent Roy.
    Last edited by Original Tin; 04-26-2018 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Think I'll watch the bubbles from a safe distance...

I wasn't really here prior to the Ranger RT series coming out... But I was around before so many people had them, and I do not remember it being this much of a shit show to be honest(Could simply just be a coincidence). I think there are a couple contributing factors here...

1. Some people just don't know when to let something go, and accept that we all have differing opinions and that is fine.
    2. There have been increasingly more useless threads posted in the recent years just to bicker back and forth with each other... The occasional one is fine, but it has got to be a little too much.
    '06 Xpress X19 TS | 150 Yamaha VMAX

4. Member
    I read this forum daily, but refrain from posting much due to not being interested in having to deal with some of the usual replies I see. I can tell you honestly who/what I see as the usual detractors, but I'd prefer to do it in a PM because I see this thread devolving into the very thing you're trying to avoid.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

5. Banned
    Posts need to stick to the main topic, the topic the OP was addressing in the first place. Seems alot of posts get hijacked, and veer off to either another subject, or just turn into nonsense.
    A little nonsense might be ok, every once in a while, but it has seemed to gotten out of hand.
    Last edited by PolarKraft195; 04-26-2018 at 12:07 PM.

6. Member
    Not exactly sure on the time line but I do see a big difference. I've been away for about a year or so. Seems now lots of post not even related to the question asked. When I first bought my used Tracker in 2014 this forum was a wealth of knowledge just reading other post and if I asked a question I got good replies. I just recently posted some questions and feel like I got short go look elsewhere answers. Not trying to start anything but recently I've been thinking maybe we need to separate Tracker and Ranger forums does seem Ranger heavy.
    Also I've read some post I thought were kinda unessary jabs at some guys basically saying if you can't afford this your in the wrong place. Well I'm a Blue Collar Man and I do things for myself I'm here for information about one of my hobbies not to out do anyone else or be looked down on by anyone else. I'm also here to help others and pass on what I know and have experienced.
    I hope this does get back to what it use to be.
    Thanks

7. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    I have only been on here a couple years and its been that way since I joined, so not sure when a change occurred.

For example, in the Lounge there is a video showing two you kids playing hockey and getting into a "fight". It is nothing more than a cute video of two kids. The very first response to it is a crap response trying to tie it to other things going on in the country. People just cannot leave things alone to be the innocent cute video of the two kids.

People just cannot click away from things that shows people who are different than they are, or something that is different than it was 40 or 50 years ago.

Some people are trying to be funny, others just cannot reply with anything positive but hey lets throw a "stirring the pot" emoji like that helps things from derailing a topic.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

8. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    For what my feedback is worth, I am a very positive person and can learn something from virtually every thread or any of the forums on BBC (and contribute what I can, when i can), as i stated earlier, in my opinion all of these threads bear fruit and if you don't like the Tom Foolery, just ignore it and pick the fruit.

I also do not see the harm in keeping it light, granted, sometimes it goes a bit too far...

In summary, I have absolutely no problem with the Tin Boat Forum as there are way more positives than negatives; however, I also have a good sense of humor and thick skin so I can tolerate more non-sense than most, and to be honest, in today's society and the onslaught of social media I don't know if there is or will ever be a perfect environment.

All that said, I will accept and adhere to what ever the final landscape may be...
    Last edited by King_Fish; 04-26-2018 at 11:49 AM.
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

When you lump all the Tin owners into one group what do you expect to happen especially once Ranger introduced a Tin line. We all know how the Ranger owners are

I really do not have an issue with this forum. It's just like all the other ones on the Internet.

10. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Forgot to mention one thing, it seems there are a couple people, not a majority, who think being a troll is somehow a good thing when its really just pathetic. Whether its trolling a particular person, manufacturer supports or anything else.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

For me it has been most noticeable over the last year or so. I have been reading this and other forums for 5 years and it has brought a lot of value to my tin boat ownership. I do not appreciate nor participate in any personal or brand bashing. Some of the posts are amusing but most are offensive. I seldom speak up because that just perpetuates the dialogue and the standard answer is just ignore the post if you don’t like it and that is normally couched into some other disrespectful remark.
    I recently figured out a better way to ignore the offensive posts by adding the posters to my “ignore list”.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    Forgot to mention one thing, it seems there are a couple people, not a majority, who think being a troll is somehow a good thing when its really just pathetic. Whether its trolling a particular person, manufacturer supports or anything else.
    No trolling on a fishing site?? Doesn't seem right somehow??

Letting yourself be trolled...now that's pathetic.

13. Member
    Good post. Definitely some lack of common courtesy and respect.
    Seems it would be a wonderful forum with shared interests in boats,
    fishing, etc. and would be a great tool for information and knowledge without
    all the bs. If you don't have anything positive or helpful information then
    on to the next post. There is definitely some good post and a ton of information
    on this site and I'll continue to use and ignore the other. Not
    sure when it started.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    I recently figured out a better way to ignore the offensive posts by adding the posters to my “ignore list”.
    Winner Winner Free Steak Dinner!!!! And it only took 11 posts this time!! I think that's a new BBC record!!

Congratulations Bill...you just won a free steak dinner for two and it's on ME!!!

...too bad you blocked me and will never see this to collect.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Weez556 View Post
    Not exactly sure on the time line but I do see a big difference. I've been away for about a year or so. Seems now lots of post not even related to the question asked. When I first bought my used Tracker in 2014 this forum was a wealth of knowledge just reading other post and if I asked a question I got good replies. I just recently posted some questions and feel like I got short go look elsewhere answers. Not trying to start anything but recently I've been thinking maybe we need to separate Tracker and Ranger forums does seem Ranger heavy.
    Also I've read some post I thought were kinda unessary jabs at some guys basically saying if you can't afford this your in the wrong place. Well I'm a Blue Collar Man and I do things for myself I'm here for information about one of my hobbies not to out do anyone else or be looked down on by anyone else. I'm also here to help others and pass on what I know and have experienced.
    I hope this does get back to what it use to be.
    Thanks
    Good response and same here. Definitely don't have a huge boat budget
    but very blessed and appreciative.

16. Banned

17. Banned
    Apparently I missed something. That being said, its the internet for Christ's sake. I take what i want and leave the rest.

18. Member
    I stopped following this forum as much, when the days of us showing how we made our tin boats better and how to fix things went away. Now all it is, is people posting stupid responses to serious questions and people saying their boat is better than yours. Also, it is the internet and people are *******s on the internet, so it is, what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    Apparently I missed something. That being said, its the internet for Christ's sake. I take what i want and leave the rest.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

Point blank, There are a couple of *******s on here who constantly criticize someone in every other post they make and it gets pretty old.
    One of them comments on every post in here and is nothing more than a pot stirer.
    I would say he will be along shortly but he was quick to post already.
    Used to beable to get some good info on this board but as of late its the same ol crap by the same ol guy.
    2022 Xpress H17 - Yamaha SHO 90

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast