Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tfall View Post
    GM says they are cutting back on sedans too.

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/04/26/...do-gmc-sierra/
    You mean they are not going to roll out a new Nova, remember that one of the 80s?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    You mean they are not going to roll out a new Nova, remember that one of the 80s?
    I remember the ones from the late 70s that when you were behind one it looked like it was cat walking. I think they used to have alignment problems.

3. Member
    I think this is more of a shift to CUV’s that cutting smaller vehicles out altogether.

We are currently looking for a new vehicle and the wife wants nothing to do with an Sedan. If anything, I think fird may be starting a trend you will see with other car manufacturers going forward.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lape0019 View Post
    I think this is more of a shift to CUV’s that cutting smaller vehicles out altogether.

We are currently looking for a new vehicle and the wife wants nothing to do with an Sedan. If anything, I think fird may be starting a trend you will see with other car manufacturers going forward.
    I also think that with all the trucks and large SUVs on the road, you need something that sits tall so you can see thru or around them. When your in a small sedan you cant see anything except the bumper in front of you.

5. Member
    Ford has the right idea. YTD sales for 18 versus 17 show the over all sedan market is down, way down. Compact,mid size etc. all show sales declines. While the SUV market all has sales increases except for mid size SUVs segment.

Why make them if they're not profitable?

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER487 View Post
    I know it's not Ford but General Motors in our area is going down to one shift in June.
    I heard the Impala & Cruise's sales are way down too

I remember the ones from the late 70s that when you were behind one it looked like it was cat walking. I think they used to have alignment problems.
    It was a Isuzu, shit box....Mark 1. Relabled as a nova.

Don't forget that Ford still own Lincoln and Mazda. They'll still sell a pile of cars just not named Ford. I never did understand having a bunch of different brands under the same corporation all making cars for the same market. Streamlining it seems like a good business move.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21xTriton05 View Post
    I heard the Impala & Cruise's sales are way down too
    That's because they're pieces of crap

10. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Bass Hunter View Post
    Don't forget that Ford still own Lincoln and Mazda. They'll still sell a pile of cars just not named Ford. I never did understand having a bunch of different brands under the same corporation all making cars for the same market. Streamlining it seems like a good business move.
    Ford only has a small stake in Mazda at this point, last I saw it was 13%. They sold a majority of their stake a couple years ago.

I am not surprised to see manufactors streamline their offerings, but am surprised to see by how much. Only having 2 cars will keep them out of some markets such as competing with the Camry/Accord area.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackyjig View Post
    I'm gonna stir the pot here but I generally don't like Chevy interiors. Very cheap plasticky. I feel like they try to pretty up the interiors but it just ends up looking bad.

Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    Ford only has a small stake in Mazda at this point, last I saw it was 13%. They sold a majority of their stake a couple years ago.

I am not surprised to see manufactors streamline their offerings, but am surprised to see by how much. Only having 2 cars will keep them out of some markets such as competing with the Camry/Accord area.
    I didn't realize they sold down their share.

and which model will they run in NASCAR

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieBud View Post
    and which model will they run in NASCAR
    Mustang. Already announced.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsp...ergy-cup-2019/
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBud View Post
    and which body shell will they run in NASCAR
    FIFY The body is the only part of a mustang that will be on a track, and it won't even be made by Ford.

Both wrong, the only part will be the decal that says ford Mustang and that will be outsourced.

17. Member
    I also think that with all the trucks and large SUVs on the road, you need something that sits tall so you can see thru or around them. When your in a small sedan you cant see anything except the bumper in front of you.
    Stop riding everyones azz.
    Praying for a Cure

My wife has a Fusion. She loves the thing. Next car for her will be another sedan. Guess we'll go elsewhere.
    Wishing I was Fishing

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackyjig View Post
    Because you own one? Likely not.

My wife fell in love with the 2017 Cruze hatch and just had to have one. It is not only the smallest vehicle we've ever had, but the smallest one she's ever driven.

Been many MANY years since she's driven a car of any type. She had a 67 GTO when we met, then a Camaro, then I bought her a Corvette. For a while in the late 70's we had a hatchback Celica but that's as small a car as we ever had. Then she switched to trucks. Extended cab S10 4x4 then C5 Blazer.

Then her work started giving her a check to buy what she wanted ever 2~3 years.... Explorer, Grand Cherokee, 3 Tahoes.

Last thing she had before the Cruze was a Denali, driving back roads to work 18 miles each way it was getting 15~16 mpg. I had just bought a Silverado 4x4 LTZ (low 60's) and she could drive it if she wanted. She declined. I've got an Infiniti G35 as well, although that's my garage car, again she's not driving it either.

She wanted something comfortable, got good mileage, and looks nice. Of course she wouldn't settle for the $24K Cruze, oh NOOOOO she wanted the almost $30K, with literally EVERY, single, available option. There wasn't but 2 in the Southeast with all options, (except the chrome side trim that I've since added) AND in metallic blue. Sent the dealer north of Birmingham to get it and she had it 2 days later.

I can say that she LOVES her little Cruze hatch! It works, it rides decent, it always gets compliments, and it gets over 30MPG. And it DOESN'T have that silly CVT transmission.
    There are plenty of crap cars out there, but the Cruze.... I don't think so.
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

12 Nitro Z9 DC, 4 Color Flake
    250 Pro XS, SmartCraft Gauges
    Bobs 12" w/Hole shot plate
    NightFishion HD8 rubrail, W/Nav Lights
    Oznium Red/Blue 10mm/6mm LED Bolts
    4-Channel Remote Lighting Control
    HDS Gen 3's, TotalScan, 3DSS
    Red Power Pole 10' Blades
    KVD Edition Hydrowave

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Bass Hunter View Post
    Negative. Neither Lincoln nor Mazda make that many cars....
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast