2 hook worm ??????

has anyone here hand poured 2 hook worms, I have been looking for info on how to snell and place the hooks in the mold as you pour the worm and ive seen some worms for sale that say hand sewn hooks. I have made my molds for a floating type 7.5 inch worm that was made in the 70's because I'm down to my last 5 worms and the man that use to sale them has past away and ive not found anything like this worm. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

2006 RANGER 519VX
    200HP MERCURY OPTI-MAX
    Sole member of " THE FISHERMEN FOR LIFE" a fisherman that knows one can make the difference!!

2. Member
    I buy them here (Indy), for river trips,etc.
    I can send u a pic, not sure of the length.
    Let me know.

thanks, but I'm trying to find info on how to install the 2 hooks rigged in the worm as I'm making them. have not been able to find the proper way to do this consistently. I've made my mold and need to learn the next step.

2006 RANGER 519VX
    200HP MERCURY OPTI-MAX
    Sole member of " THE FISHERMEN FOR LIFE" a fisherman that knows one can make the difference!!

yrs ago bought red wrigglers, with 3 hook and some with 4 etc. they where each tied with fishing line and slap dab in middle of worm and top hook eyelet at top of worm to tie on. But never caught a fish with those.. mostly snags & stick fish etc

<< example off web, the few I had tossed long ago, they don't last forever if . even not used . it shows fishing line inside to each hook
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bass AHolic; 04-27-2018 at 08:20 PM.

most of the ones I use are 2 hook version. use to use the 5 in 2 hook as a carolina rig and catch 30 or more fish aday on our lakes, and I found a 7.5 in floating worm that I have use since the 80'S and have used all but about 5 lure that are left so I'm on a mission to start making it since they are no longer made..... caught 10 fish last Sunday when nothing else worked had several 3lbs and a 6.

2006 RANGER 519VX
    200HP MERCURY OPTI-MAX

6. Member
    Is it possible to use a needle to thread the line then snell

Why not post a pic so we can see what you're after. I don't think I've ever seen one where the worm was poured around the line.

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

8. Green Fish Bait Brewery
    Agree^. Maybe using braid. I think 325 will melt mono. I found many hand sewn version online but not poured.
    Ron
    Green Fish Bait Brewery (FB)
    Veteran

and this is what it catches

2006 RANGER 519VX
    200HP MERCURY OPTI-MAX

10. Member
    That's unique for sure.
    Ive never seen nothing like that.

well made a jig from a board and a nail placed the mold between the nails to hold the snelled circle hooks, used rubber bands to hold the hook up right. The idea worked ok but the hot plastic did melt both mono and braid,,,,,,,even tho the line melted and failed the jig to hold the line is good and I went ahead and made several pours in all my molds they turned out a good looking worm... now to find the secret to what type line to use (old worms look like the old style Dacron fishing line people use to use for salt water fishing when I was a kid) and what is the coolest temp you can pour the plastic and is the original worm like modern plastics or is it a cold pour type of latex... ... how to tell?
    Last edited by Frank A; 04-28-2018 at 09:05 AM.

2006 RANGER 519VX
    200HP MERCURY OPTI-MAX

Why not pour the worm and needle thread it, or slit the worm, install the hooks and line, and use mend-it to close it up?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanmc57 View Post
    Why not pour the worm and needle thread it, or slit the worm, install the hooks and line, and use mend-it to close it up?
    This.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/worm-threader

that's what Ive been trying to find articles or information on how to sew in the hooks and the thread tool at bass pro is for live night crawlers.. is MEND-IT the same as super glue?

2006 RANGER 519VX
    200HP MERCURY OPTI-MAX

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank A View Post
    that's what Ive been trying to find articles or information on how to sew in the hooks and the thread tool at bass pro is for live night crawlers.. is MEND-IT the same as super glue?
    It is for live crawlers but it still works the same way. Make snell harness and insert. Difficult part is inserting second hook as you complete tail hook exertion. However it can be done. I’ve done it. You insert the tool where you want the back hook to exit the worm and thread toward the head. As you exit the head of the worm insert your hook point in the end of the tool. Carefully push the worm around the hook and up the harness. As your front hook reaches the head of the worm bend the harness against the shaft of the hook to the point. Continue sliding the worm carefully around... (will be a C shape worm at this point). Points come out at same time.
    The 2 hook worms are usually just poured with harness in place in an injection mold, not open pour, using heavy mono and snell knots. Heat is of course an issue but with the size of the line it can be done.
    Mend-it is a “glue” designed for plastics. It’s more of a quickly evaporating solvent that melts the plastic and resolidifies shortly thereafter.
    Last edited by Cfrench085; 04-28-2018 at 02:03 PM.

wooooo.. ..... I think Ive got it figured out . I thread it with quilting needle work ok but just not what I wanted...keep trying things and finally was thinking back to early days ... Mmmmm... did they have micro waves ? maybe the microwave is too hot for nylon lines..pre-tied another 2 hook rig with same 50 lb braid that was melting before, used open flame coleman propane stove and a 1 cup size cast iron pan slow melted some white mag trick worms and pour the melt into the mold the positioned the hook rig in place then poured another quick line of melt to fill the mold ....seems to work .. tell me which is the original and which is 2018 version..... ....

2006 RANGER 519VX
    200HP MERCURY OPTI-MAX

Original is in the middle....

18. Member
    How about using some really fine 7 strand leader? I have seen 13#.
    Dave

Put the worm to the test today, as the guy on TV show "forged in fire" says ---- Frank A/ you rig will catch fish

2006 RANGER 519VX
    200HP MERCURY OPTI-MAX

ordered some Kevlar thread to try spec says 14lb test and 0.21 diameter its melt temp is 800 degree so since I double it when making the harness it should be good to go. If it works then I'll be able to pour 4 or 5 at a time.

2006 RANGER 519VX
    200HP MERCURY OPTI-MAX