Gas... to use or not to use??

Before my Mercury engine went down, I added 30 gallons of 91 octane (Merc 250XS of that year requires it). It had about 15 gallons of 91 octane fuel already in the tank leftover from last fall. I always add Quikstor, Quikleen and Quikcare to my gas. They are recommended to be run on the Optimax engines to keep carbon levels down and to keep the injectors clean. So... with all of that said, I have about 40-50 gallons of gas in my tank that I am not sure if I should run in my brand new Suzy 250SS. Any advice?
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X
    Powered by Suzuki 250SS

2. Member
    Make sure that your dealer puts in a water separating fuel filter between your motor and fuel tank since the owners manual recommends it. In regards to the old fuel, I wouldn't worry about it since it was treated. I just burned a tank of my left over left over fuel from last fall as well and had zero issues. As long as your fuel lines and primer bulb are good, there should be no issues with the fuel system, especially if you add the water separating fuel filter. Suzuki's are not that sensitive when it comes to old fuel unlike Mercury.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

Cool. Thank you.
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X
    Powered by Suzuki 250SS

4. Member
    I already think my 250ss has a primary and secondary on my engine. I run 87 all the time with no issues so far.

Reviving this thread so to speak... what is the minimum octane to be run in the 250SS according to the owner's manual?
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X