copper coated skillets ??

Anybody use them? Received one as a gift and am amazed how non stick they are? Seems they are even more non stick than teflon or the traditional coatings out there. As cheap as they are im curious what in the world they are using as a coating.

2. Member
    I have a couple and I'm lukewarm on my feelings about them. Yes, they definitely are better than anything else out there with regards to sticking. My issue, is that no matter how high I turn the burner up, I can't seem to get a good caramelization on certain foods. Still, a great one tool in the kitchen.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

3. Member
    We have had them for a year, and at first they were great. Now its like every other skillets the non stick is worn out. These have been hand washed every time as well per directions.

4. Member
    Another thing. According to the paperwork that comes with ours, it recommends not using olive oil or cooking sprays. I cook a lot with olive oil and cooking sprays so I have to be careful with them. And no metal utensils.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smalljawguy View Post
    Another thing. According to the paperwork that comes with ours, it recommends not using olive oil or cooking sprays. I cook a lot with olive oil and cooking sprays so I have to be careful with them. And no metal utensils.
    Yeah last night I got curious and was watching several videos out there where they reviewed them. One of the guys showed the instructions and it called for seasoning the pan initially by coating it in oil then leaving it in an oven for 20 minutes at 350. He said that he found them to last the longest when not used above a medium heat. Not sure how the heat level could mess with the non stick aspect but he didnt have a reason to lie. He also showed that after time if you re-season the pan it will help get the non stick back to a more original level.

Like you said good tool but not something you can just throw all others out for.

6. Member
    Interesting since one of their selling points is that the copper can take higher heat better than other skillets.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smalljawguy View Post
    Interesting since one of their selling points is that the copper can take higher heat better than other skillets.
    Yeah I went to their website and it clearly says can god up to 500 degrees. When you look up the instructions they provide they say its recommended to keep the temps low to medium. Kinda funny but for 16 bucks I cant complain.

Also noticed they talk about not using spray oils or olive oil. They say it will create a thin carbonized layer which will limit the non stick aspect. They also recommend repeating the seasoning process 2 times a year.

8. Member
    None of that nonsense in my house. Full set of All-clad D5 and a bunch of cast iron (the only way to properly sear meat). The only two nonstick pans in the house are a skillet for eggs/sandwiches, and a crepe pan.

If you've never used high-end pots/pans (such as All-clad or similar), they really will change the way you cook. They heat much faster, and much more evenly. I can boil a pot of water in 1/3 the time it used to take with previous pots I've owned.

Guys I have several of these pans as well as induction burners. I love them BUT they can be damaged. The first set I got were Nuwave. All but one of the pans are still great except the one I fried bacon in. The other pots are still good after 4 years. Same with a set of Todd English. Bacon ruined one of those. Never put bacon in my Copper Chef ones and they are still good. Bacon only in cast iron now. Guys use grape seed oil
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended