South Holston Lake ??

Planning on coming down for a couple days next week. What's the condition of the water with all the rain this week? Thanks

2. Member
    I'm fishing South Holston tomorrow I'll let you know how it was after my tournament. I was practicing last weekend and hit a big log so watch out when you come the lake is almost full pool and wood is floating everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by TNbasskicker View Post
    I'm fishing South Holston tomorrow I'll let you know how it was after my tournament. I was practicing last weekend and hit a big log so watch out when you come the lake is almost full pool and wood is floating everywhere.
    Thanks, we'll be down Tuesday and Wednesday to have some fun.

4. Member
    We ended up in 4th place with 12 lbs. and we caught our fish on an A rig up in the river area. My buddy came in 3rd and he got all of his fish on the little green worm. I don't know what the winners caught their's on but I know that two other tournaments were won on the worm yesterday also. It looks like the little green worm bite has finally started and with the warm temps predicted this coming week you might want to start on the lower end and try that first. The water temps. were 54 when we started and 58 when we quit. It was probably warmer on the Tennessee side but we only fished up river on the Virginia side. Good luck on your trip.

Quote Originally Posted by TNbasskicker View Post
    We ended up in 4th place with 12 lbs. and we caught our fish on an A rig up in the river area. My buddy came in 3rd and he got all of his fish on the little green worm. I don't know what the winners caught their's on but I know that two other tournaments were won on the worm yesterday also. It looks like the little green worm bite has finally started and with the warm temps predicted this coming week you might want to start on the lower end and try that first. The water temps. were 54 when we started and 58 when we quit. It was probably warmer on the Tennessee side but we only fished up river on the Virginia side. Good luck on your trip.
    Thanks for the report, and congrats on your catch. Is the water dirty, stained, or clear enough to see shallow fish?

6. Member
    I could see around 3 feet deep where I was catching my fish but it's a lot clearer down the lake. The only reason it was dirty down the lake was from all of the boat traffic.