Glue for bunks??

I was wondering if you need glue the bunks to the wood or not. I ordered the rug and they recommended that I don’t glue them due to they need to have some give so they don’t rip. Any advice for this?

Everyone will have a different opinion on this. The first time I did this job, I bought my carpet from a store that specialized in marine carpet. He told me to use exterior grade carpet adhesive on the top only of the bunk to prevent the carpet from bunching up. No adhesive on the sides so the water would drain away and the carpet could dry faster. This all seemed to make sense to me so that's how I do it.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

3. Member
    I also glued mine but I had heard some people go without any glue. I used carpet glue from Home Depot.

3M heavy duty spray adhesive. spray the bunks twice and the rug once. Let dry, apply. Use Monel staples to secure rug edges to bunk.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Just get GatorBacks...
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

6. Member
    I didn't glue mine. Didn't see the need but I also didn't use staple gun staples. I used galvanized hot dipped staples and a hammer.

7. Member
    I never glued mine, no issues without it. Stainless staples, the galvanized kind don't like pressure treated wood iirc.
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

8. Member
    Thanks for the reply, going to use 3m glue and staples.