Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Fatheadz

2. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    I have a pumpkin head myself, well maybe a melon head. I found the Costa website to have good information on headsize for each model and large fits my melon. I also found Kaenon glasses to fit nice too(jetty, Rhino) Kaenons kinda stug your temple on the few pair I own. I will try and find some of my Costas in the morning.

3. Member
    Costa rincon and Native hardtop ultra xp’s are the only two pairs of glasses I can get on my big head.

4. Member
    I had same problem till I got my Costa Zane's. And I'll definitely buy them again.

5. Member
    I’ve got a size 8 head myself. Costa Hamlins fit me well, unfortunately I need prescription glasses. My eye doc carries a full line of Nike frames and has a variety of lens colors available. It was a bright sunny day and I was able to compare about 8 colors and chose a bronze colored lens in a Nike frame that fit me well. They look very similar to tha Costa Hamlins.
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
    I have an extremely large head. I’ve been wearing Costa Permits the past couple years but they falling apart(rubber trim). Costa says it’s due to sunscreen and not covered under warranty. Can anyone suggest another model or brand for a big head?
    I have a fat head too. Any cap with snaps only barely fits using the last snap, so they are out for me.

7. Banned

8. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    I have a pair of Oakley flaks and a pair of gascans and both fit my jug head with no issue.

9. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Wylie X - Boss are pretty good too, for a big noggin...
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD. View Post
    they will still fix them way cheaper than you can buy another pair. I have sent them in for the same reason . It's from leaving them in the truck (heat) not sunscreen.
    Yup I don't wear sunscreen (I should) but Mine dissolved too... it's actually a cheap repair ($11) from Costa
    I have the brine and they are 3 years old Sorry you have a pumpkin for a noggin that's gotta suck

11. Legend Boats Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by stratos284 View Post
    My grandson has a melon head. Needs a 5 gallon bucket for a football helmet as far as glasses we just wrap his face with a roll of tint and poke a hole to breath from.
    Me, I have a peanut head I can get away with 1 lense from sunglasses. Just stick a piece of tape on my forehead to hold it there.

12. Novice Boaters Forum Moderator jclark408's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Basscaster View Post
    Is your head the size of a Pumpkin or a Watermelon ?? Maybe you can reverse the hinges so the arms expand outward ?----->>
    ------Co-founder of Post Derailment, LLC---------

Costa blackfins, solar bat bill dance models and batitudes.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

14. snizzle

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Basscaster View Post
    Is your head the size of a Pumpkin or a Watermelon ?? Maybe you can reverse the hinges so the arms expand outward ?----->>
    Ask your old lady!!!!

15. Member
    I have a pair of wiley x boss and a pair of NINES Apache
    1999 Stratos 273 Vindicator
    2000 Johnson 150hp
    Humminbird Helix 7 Si
    Humminbird Helix 5 sonar
    Bonifide SS127

16. Member
    Check out Maui Jim sunglasses. You'll forget Oakley and Costa even exist. Also, lens replacement is a flat $70. They use optical glass, as opposed to plastic / poly.
    "The most dangerous risk of all -the risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later." -random Facebook pic that came up on my wall

8'6" Longboard
    6'6" Shortboard

17. Member
    I have the Permits for the same reason. I have sent mine back twice because the rubber was coming off and they repaired them both times for no cost. Just paid shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by tnjavelin View Post
    Check out Maui Jim sunglasses. You'll forget Oakley and Costa even exist. Also, lens replacement is a flat $70. They use optical glass, as opposed to plastic / poly.
    Costa 580g is optical glass....

Quote Originally Posted by ringo View Post
    I have the Permits for the same reason. I have sent mine back twice because the rubber was coming off and they repaired them both times for no cost. Just paid shipping.
    I have Permits as well. Size 7 3/4 to 8 head. They're actually almost too big for me as they want to slide down, though I think the weight of the glass is the culprit. No issues after adding silicone nose pads.

Also had to send mine in once due to the frame stripping out where the arm screw screws in after passing through the arm. $7 shipping and they were back, good as new. Under 2 weeks from my door to my door. They said they noticed the rubber was separating on mine as well so it was good I sent them in though I had never noticed it. The person I talked to said they changed the type of adhesive they use or something to that effect so they shouldn't see these issues anymore.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

19. Member
    I would call costa and talk to there customer service! I have sent in 5 pair 2 of mine 3 of friends of mine for the same reason. They fixed every pair and had them back in 2-3 weeks ! Has to send them in one at a time.
    I have even had them just give me a new pair due to lens separating i never noticed. You pay to much for them to not warranty the glasses!
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

20. Member
    Permits too small/tight for me gave me headaches returned them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast