No Threads for Fish???

First time on this board.....looked at all of the threads on the first page and not one that included fish as an ingredient.....hmmmmmm...lots for swine and bovine though. So, what is the driver here, bad fishermen or distaste for creatures that swim?

2. Member
    Distaste for the creatures that swim - around here. I prefer to eat tuna, shark, swordfish, salmon. I do also like trout, but I'm a shitty trout fisherman, so I just get it from the grocery. LOL

3. Member
    Bobcat55 will show up with a nice mess of filet crappie from time to time. Most of us on here cook a little bit of everything, fish included.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

4. Member
    Well in regards to what I fish for (Crappie / Bass) I really only cook it one way. Fried in some sort of corn meal based breading with seasoning. I cant imagine wasting crappie on something like baking it LOL.

No I will say that if you like salmon and have a smoker it is amazing smoked. Im not a big fan or fish that tastes "fishy" and neither was a buddy of mine. His GF talk him into smoking some and he said it was amazing so I gave it a try. He was indeed correct it was great.

There you go a contribution to the cooking / fish thread.

5. Member
    I love fish and seafood...like said above i eat it fried most of the time but a good grilled fish is good also.

6. Member
    You bring up a good point there lol. Everyone here has something in common and that's their love for fishing (but not many people talk about eating fish), I know most catch and release bass like me but man when you get the walleye up here it's hard to throw them back. I don't keep many fish as like exx1976 i love to cook up Tuna, Cobia and other saltwater fish. Best part is when the snow starts falling i can go south and fill my freezer with that stuff.