Mid America Trailers

The Trailer issue is something I have dealt with on my Lowe Boats. The Karavan is not a bad trailer I have sold a'lot with no issues to date. But fit on them is kinda one trailer fits all. I would like a more custom looking trailer with aluminum wheels for the boats. I have spoke with them and price is very good. They are located in Lebanon MO. Any one have a Mid America they would like to comment on.

2. Banned
    Seriously guys...trailer issues suck but not the end of the world...doesn't mean you bought a bad rig just means you need a better trailer.

The factory trailer might be fine for most but maybe not for those of us who really use our stuff.

I built my tin from scratch and guess what... HATED the trailer it came on. Nothing wrong with it but just not the right trailer for me. Sold it and bought another...boat had only been in the water once and already had a new trailer. It sucked but I got over it and now I really like my trailer...its the bomb.

Don't let a trailer ruin your boat...its just a trailer.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Original Tin View Post
    Seriously guys...trailer issues suck but not the end of the world...doesn't mean you bought a bad rig just means you need a better trailer.

The factory trailer might be fine for most but maybe not for those of us who really use our stuff.

I built my tin from scratch and guess what... HATED the trailer it came on. Nothing wrong with it but just not the right trailer for me. Sold it and bought another...boat had only been in the water once and already had a new trailer. It sucked but I got over it and now I really like my trailer...its the bomb.

Don't let a trailer ruin your boat...its just a trailer.
    OT, what did you hate about the trailer you sold? What do you like about the trailer you bought?
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou22 View Post
    OT, what did you hate about the trailer you sold? What do you like about the trailer you bought?
    Fair question and I'm happy to answer...

The McClarin trailer my tin came on was an aluminum I-beam, tandem axel that was built like a tank. Very good trailer and nothing really wrong with it.

Now the cons...

It was a one size fits all type trailer and was too long for my hull by about 8 inches...no big deal but it bothered me to have a custom tin on a trailer that was too big.

It was built like a tank...but very heavy...almost as heavy as my boat...at least it felt that way when towing.

Tandem axel is nice BUT in order to fit in my garage I need to be able to pivot the trailer and those slide pad things you put under the wheels didn't help enough...I couldn't get the damn thing in my garage no matter how I tried.

Now for my current trailer... It's an aluminum I-beam with a single, custom cut, 7500lb Torsion axel. It's made by Continental Trailer located near my home for easy service.

Its extremely strong but very light and flexible acting as a shock absorber to protect my hull above and beyond the already awesome Torsion suspension that rides smooth and super quiet...I keep forgetting she's back there while towing.

I was involved in the trailers design and build process so like my tin boat the trailer is a true one of a kind...not another one like it...she fits my hull and my garage like a glove.

I also decked her out with all the top of the line DEEMAXX brake system components, the newest Fulton winch, trailer jack and straps...all matching stuff that works great and LED everything.

Hope that answers your questions...
    Last edited by Original Tin; 04-25-2018 at 02:55 PM.

5. Member
    Thank you, and yes you answered my questions. Having a custom trailer made to match a custom boat makes perfect sense to me. Continental trailers have been around for long a while here in South FL.
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

6. Member
    I am looking to put them under the 2019 model boats. Karavan I have not had any problems with at all to date. Just no sex appeal (Curb appeal) and I can get the Mid America for less. More features, aluminum wheels, fitted bunks, metal or aluminum fenders. I have been selling the 20 Archer and looks to be a winner. But Lowe puts a single axle trailer under it. Its that I just want more options for the same price to pass on to my consumer. I like my product to perform good and look good. Curb appeal is the start.

It takes me a little longer to respond. The old men that purchase my boats like to talk about the olden days.

7. Banned
    Thank you, and yes you answered my questions. Having a custom trailer made to match a custom boat makes perfect sense to me. Continental trailers have been around for long a while here in South FL.
    HEY!!! Didn't realize you were my neighbor! We should meet at the boat ramp one day...

Long as you promise not to sucker punch me for something I might have said here.

8. Member
    I'm not going to lie, checking out your GT would be really cool. As far as sucker punching you.... nah... we're good.

9. Banned
    I'm not going to lie, checking out your GT would be really cool. As far as sucker punching you.... nah... we're good.
    Okay cool. Ill buy the first round of cold beers.

10. Member
    I have a Mid America trailer under my G3. Best trailer I ever had. Very pleased. It came with built in LED lights and great fenders. It is galvanized, which I needed for the Texas salt flats.