Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by B-47 View Post
    Teachers expressing their personal opinions in class is nothing new. They have been doing it forever.
    I was never hesitant to express my opinion on a subject in class IF I was asked by a student. I ALWAYS made certain to identify what I said as my opinion. And, I always tried to explain the reasoning behind my opinion. Most importantly, I would NEVER, EVER berate a students for their beliefs, either privately or publicly.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atvalaska View Post
    She is a fake teacher.....

And he shouldn't have been such a snowflake and throat punched her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    I was never hesitant to express my opinion on a subject in class IF I was asked by a student. I ALWAYS made certain to identify what I said as my opinion. And, I always tried to explain the reasoning behind my opinion. Most importantly, I would NEVER, EVER berate a students for their beliefs, either privately or publicly.
    Thank goodness you've dropped that mantra for BBC.

4. 2012 619 w/ 200 SHO
    Quote Originally Posted by pgs View Post
    My son dropped out of college
    because the teacher humiliated
    him in front of the class. It was
    community college. My son was
    the only young person.
    The rest were adults.
    so he thought he would look
    better by humiliating a 18 year old.
    My son went back to school, different
    community college. Part time
    on his own. Took 4 years to get a
    2 year degree. Paid his own way.
    Was accepted to
    ODU. university. Finished school and
    now works outside the US. Has
    been to dozens of countries and
    makes a great living.
    Point is that a ass hole
    teacher almost ruined his
    chances.
    Is your son a snow flake?

Quote Originally Posted by Tfall View Post
    Yup. Many don’t report it out of fear of retaliation of getting bad grades or getting berated by the teacher in front of the students. It happens way more than what is reported. Teachers need to teach facts and that’s it.
    When is the last time you went to a school and listened to a teacher teach???
    At least we had 1987....

6. Banned
    I've had very few troubles with any of my kids teachers. The few that did come up were taken care of with a little bit of discussion between us. We are blessed that both kids can think for themselves and know the world is full of all types of people, from both extremes and everything in between. We are very tolerant and have family discussion where we agree to chuckle and shake our head and then more on. I try to get my kids to understand that if a serious personality conflict exists, just do you work. Do very good and complete work that forces the teacher to give you the grade you deserve. And should the day come that an obvious discrepancy comes to light, we will have a third party look it over and decide. There will always be people who disagree, sometimes strongly. Keep the faith, keep doing what you are supposed to do and do it well, and it will almost always work out.

My son has a science teacher right now that pushes left wing stuff almost every single day. Half the stuff she teaches isnt science, well maybe political science

Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Thank goodness you've dropped that mantra for BBC.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kellisag View Post
    Wow, just wow.

10. Member
    Well it does seem that we have a bunch of these stories lately. May be the kids are just getting brave enough to come forward.

Young minds are moldable and teachers/professors are aware of that. Many students have not been prepared at home to respond appropriately to teachers/professors who promote a political agenda in the classroom. I think that is why more situations are not reported by students.

12. Banned
    So one teacher screws up and that means that "many teachers are doing this in our schools"?

ALL Indians walk single-file, at least the only one I knew did...

and how would everyone feel if the teacher was preaching race hatred? teacher's personal belief or opinions have no place in any class room.

14. Member
    So I have learned its no longer okay to be a teacher on BBC.

15. Member
    So my comment is this being as I am married to a 25 year Teacher. My wife always teaches that there are three things you never ask in life: 1. How much do you make? 2. Who you voted for ? 3. Never ask a woman how old or how much she weighs!

That being said it's not only the students who these teachers attack but it also the other teachers they do this to as well. I say the silent majority will only continue to grow larger in this country and the media will continue to be baffled by it!
    Steven Dendy-Spring Hill, KS
    2017 Phoenix 721 PRO XP 250-PRO XS
    Past Rides

​07 Triton - TR-196 200-Opti
    01 Triton - TR-21 225 HO Johnson
    93 Javelin 379T 91 Rude Intruder

83 Tidecraft - Wildfire F/S 150 Black Max

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OHellnofishin View Post
    So I have learned its no longer okay to be a teacher on BBC.

Quote Originally Posted by kellisag View Post
    Quit because someone said something mean to him. Changed to somewhere that catered to him. Still holds a grudge. If that doesn't check most of the snowflake blocks then I don't know what does.
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

Did anyone take the. Time to open the link jigman posted?

Here is a cut and paste from that article

Today, for example, K-2 students at Edina Highlands Elementary School are learning—through the “Melanin Project”—to focus on skin color and to think of white skin as cause for guilt. “Equity” is listed as a primary criterion on the district’s evaluation for K-5 math curricula. At Edina High School, teachers are haranguing students on “White Privilege,” and drilling into them that white males oppress and endanger women. In a U.S. Literature and Composition class, 11th-graders are being taught to “apply marxist [sic], feminist” and “post-colonial” “lenses to literature.”
    “In short,” Kersten concludes, “in Edina, reading, writing, math and critical thinking skills are taking a backseat to an ideological crusade.”
    American Experiment President John Hinderaker first exposed Edina’s left-wing classroom activism in a series of posts on the Center’s website earlier this year. He cited how 80 Edina High School teachers posted what amounted to a left-wing political manifesto following the election of Donald Trump as president. His initial post prompted an outpouring from parents, students and even some Edina teachers, who condemned other elements of extreme partisanship. They described how:
    • A teacher tearfully told a classroom of 100 students that “the election was rigged.”
    • Another teacher announced to a class that “Trump winning was worse than 9/11 and the Columbine shooting.”
    • Students gathered in the high school commons on election shouting F'ck Trump as teachers watched on and did nothing.

Cllass pure class

19. Member
    It's time to realize we don't live in a "nice little comfy place" anymore. It's time to stop pretending that it's wrong to take a side or a stance and SPEAK UP. This parent did exactly the right thing and more people need to stop hiding behind "see-through" curtains and take a damn stance. It's not all bad but it's surely not all roses either.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tfall View Post
    Another example of what many teachers are doing in our schools. Teachers need to stick to teaching facts and stop giving out their lefty opinions.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/04/2...litical-agenda
    There is much more of this type of stuff going on than reported. I will refrain from further comments as not to get the thread closed.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast