jasonahartz@gmail.com

IBF DNR Stocking 1000 largemouth at Raccoon Lake this Friday at 10:30 am

INDIANA BASS FEDERATION

Press Release – For Immediate Use

For More information Contact Jason Hartz – 812.946.7850

Indiana Bass Federation Announces Bucks for Bass Stocking Program - $5000 to be Spent to Stock Bass in Indiana Lake

(Brazil, IN) The Indiana Bass Federation, a state organization with the purpose to assist and unite member clubs and to assist and cooperate with the Indiana Department of Natural Resources (DNR) in matters that are mutually beneficial to Indiana resources has announced they have allotted $5,000 to stock largemouth bass in Raccoon Lake this year. With the cooperation and support of the Indiana DNR they are purchasing 1000 eight to twelve inch largemouth bass from a hatchery in Cincinnati, OH. The stocking event will take place on Friday, April 27, 2018 at 10:30 am at the Walker Boat Ramp on Raccoon Lake in Brazil, In. IBF Conservation Director Maggie Templeton said the DNR was very helpful in recommending the best size of bass to stock and locating the best pricing. .

Raccoon Lake in Parke County was selected as part the Indiana DNR Reservoir Habitat Enhancement Program. Various IBF clubs and other volunteers assisted the DNR with placement of habitat in Raccoon Lake in 2017. The 5 five year project to improve fish habitat in five impoundments around the state began in 2016. Sullivan Lake in Sullivan County was the first lake to have habitat placed in the lake. Habitat will be placed in Lake Monroe, near Bloomington; in 2018; in Sylvan Lake in Noble County in 2019; and Lake Patoka in Dubois County near Jasper in 2020. For more information, visit https://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/7665.htm

The goal is to stock bass in Raccoon Lake in 2018 and 2020 and to stock bass in Lake Monroe in 2019 and 2021. In addition to the purchase of the bass the IBF has also set up a GoFundMe page so additional funds can be directed to continue and expand the stocking program to other lakes. To view the GoFundMe page go to http://www.gofundme.com/ibf-bucks-fo...n?member=57458.

All are invited and encouraged to attend the stocking (fish release) event this Friday, April 27, 2018 at 10:30 am.

Has there been talks about getting Salamonie and Missisenwa onto the habitat restoration calendar?

Good job to the IBF, in getting programs going!

Dang, I wish the IDNR would release blue cats!! just kidding,

4. Member
    1 of 25 to donate so far. Just need 1,000 people to donate $50 and we meet the goal! What are you waiting for?
    Surly we have a 1,000 fisherman willing to donate in Indiana.
    It sure feels like it when I get to the lake and see all the parking lots full not to mention the fishing spots!

5. jasonahartz@gmail.com
    I agree bassfish.....If everyone could give just a little we could make the lakes in our state awesome. It is great having a good working relationship with the DNR to get some things done.

Once Patoka is finished in 2020 they will be selecting another 5 lakes......we should have a forum of fishermen to discuss what lakes are next with the DNR.

Thanks to all!

6. jasonahartz@gmail.com
    We had a lot of folks donate at our top 8 last weekend.....I believe we collected over $500 towards the cause.

7. Banned
    Just curious, but is Patoka scheduled to get Bass stocked in 2020 or just the habitat restoration. We sure could use some stocking. Lake sure seems like it’s missing Fish 2.5 lbs and under.

8. jasonahartz@gmail.com
    Currently we are planning on putting habitat in Patoka in 2020, but if we raise enough money on the gofundme we will stock Patoka and Monroe at the same time.....I agree that there seems to be smaller fish missing from Patoka

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayrod00 View Post
    Currently we are planning on putting habitat in Patoka in 2020, but if we raise enough money on the gofundme we will stock Patoka and Monroe at the same time.....I agree that there seems to be smaller fish missing from Patoka
    It is missing them. I Fish up there a lot. I’ve caught probably 50 keepers or so up there this year, and I think I’ve had maybe 4 or 5 short Fish. Most over 3 lbs. I just don’t know where all the small fish are. It’s very concerning. I do the weigh in for our club, and so far this year we’ve only had a handful under 3lbs weighed in. Once these fish get kept/die off man we’re gonna be in trouble I fear.

10. Member
    If only dnr would stock more walleye the bass would thrive. Dws
    if only someone important in this state cared about bass fishing then we could have some good waters. As of now Patoka is about like fishing in a ditch. It sucks to go out and spend all that money to go catch maybe one or two fish if you are lucky.

11. Banned
    Donation has been sent by me and my dad. Every little bit helps guys. Talked to one of the guys involved in getting this done last night. These bass that are 8-10” cost around $2 each or a little more. These are going to be catchable Fish immediately though with almost a 100% survival. If you can donate please do. Any amount will help. Thanks.

12. jasonahartz@gmail.com
    Thank you for your donation catch5!
    We are working through the federation to try to get our politicians to pay more attention to our industry as a ton of money, jobs, etc rely on the fishing industry. I know a lot of folks think this is not their place as their lake permit and licenses should be putting money toward this anyway......well, I have to say this is the first time I can remember the DNR is working WITH us to get our lakes back.....it has been an extremely productive last 2 years and more good things are to come. We are leading by example to show what the State can do with money spent on our industry.....just have to keep a positive attitude. Thanks to all for your help!

Jason Hartz

13. idbefishing
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    It is missing them. I Fish up there a lot. I’ve caught probably 50 keepers or so up there this year, and I think I’ve had maybe 4 or 5 short Fish. Most over 3 lbs. I just don’t know where all the small fish are. It’s very concerning. I do the weigh in for our club, and so far this year we’ve only had a handful under 3lbs weighed in. Once these fish get kept/die off man we’re gonna be in trouble I fear.
    Wait until I show up, I'll show you nothing but short fish.