MinnKota Maxxum Question

I have a 95 Ranger 482VS with a 36volt MinnKota Maxxum trolling motor. The TM doesn't have any way to secure it when in the stowed position to keep it from bouncing around when trailering. Is there supposed to be a velcroed hold down strap, or some kind of a strap/bracket to secure it?

Thanks!
    1995 Ranger 482VS
    Evinrude Intruder 150

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    It should lock down on its own, but people often add a strap to make it extra secure. Does yours bounce up when it is latched?
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

Mine has a strap that's mounted under the main base that straps to the shaft of the trolling motor/ I also have a bounce buster on mine.

4. Member
    A Maxxum has locking pins to lock it in the stowed position. If your's doesn't, something is missing or broke. There is also straps available that go under the mount and over the shaft.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

5. Member
    Thanks all. The motor does lock down, but the lower unit does not sit flat on the bracket. It tilts away from the prop end. I think it may be because the shaft is extended a little too far. Will check it next time I am on the water.

Thanks again!
    1995 Ranger 482VS
    Evinrude Intruder 150