Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Can someone post an image of what you mean by double bottom reading? I've have the same issue with the depth jumping all over the place in shallow water but not sure what is meant by double bottom reading.

2. Banned
    Instead of seeing the bottom at the bottom of the screen, you will also see the bottom about midway up the screen.

3. Banned
    http://www.walleyecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=675769

The second pic I posted is a double bottom.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Instead of seeing the bottom at the bottom of the screen, you will also see the bottom about midway up the screen.
    Okay, yeah I have that same issue as well in shallow water.

5. Banned
    Double bottom with correct depth

How bout a triple bottom. This was taken before they fixed the harsh sensitivity issue at 10ft

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mastergun View Post
    Okay, yeah I have that same issue as well in shallow water.
    Mastergun, seeing a double, triple, or even quad bottom is NOT a bug, problem, or issue. It means your unit is hearing the original ping as it is reflected from the bottom, to the surface, to the bottom, etc. Having that amount of sensitivity is good. You can use Gain, 'surface clarity' ("max" and "clear" modes) and manually setting the bottom depth. Note that I'm not commenting on this sensitivity maybe causing some users to see the wrong depth -number-. That is a different issue, although related to the unit being very sensitive.

7. Banned
    if you look at my triple bottom screen shot above...look at 10ft. that sensitivity error at 10 foot was corrected with the next software update. the depth reading error some of you are seeing could be related or a separate issue. it's weird that not everyone has that issue though. you wan't the units to stay sensitive or you will lose info you want to see. you should be controlling things with the settings such as sensitivity and switchfire. I never change switchfire but i'm constantly changing sensitivity during the day on 2d, di and si

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones View Post
    Mine does the same thing in shallow water (Helix 7) this is the one on my trolling motor. My console (Helix 9) does not have that issue.
    My TM graph jumps all over the pace from nothing to over 1000'. Then when it is not jumping all over the place I am getting the double bottom reading with a ton of clutter and NEVER showing any fish below.
    So for me it is not that they are connected together, they are not. I firmly believe it is in the software and I am waiting on that to be fixed, hopefully soon. If I get in 6' or less of water, I can forget about using my bow graph.
    Same with my Solix 15 on my trolling motor. In shallow water it just.ps all over the place and usually lands on something like 200 feet
    2018 Triton TRX 20, Mercury 250 Pro XS Serial Number 2B526777

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel14 View Post
    My Helix 7 is on my TM. I ran 10 gauge wire all the way to the battery and I have not had any issues.
    I did this, 10 gauge wire directly from the battery , a home run to each unit. I have the same depth issue on my trolling motor, and also a lot of interference on the bow when the trolling motor is operating (this is likely my fault on the route I chose for that transducer wire) even with the trolling motor off, one side of my si is almost all black .. still working on figuring that one out
    2018 Triton TRX 20, Mercury 250 Pro XS Serial Number 2B526777

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    Double bottom with correct depth

How bout a triple bottom. This was taken before they fixed the harsh sensitivity issue at 10ft

This tripple bottom showing here is what a properly functioning sonar does. I thought the OP was origonally discussing an issue of the range flshing rapidly between different depth ranges when depth range is set to auto.

11. Banned
    My Solix 12 and 10 worked flawless today for the most part. Still have issues super shallow, but I can live with it. Its less the 5 to 6 feet when they freak out. 360 worked good shallow.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post

This is showing the triple bottom on the left because you've gone into deeper water and the range changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fins View Post
    This is showing the triple bottom on the left because you've gone into deeper water and the range changed.
    I think he has range set on manual at 80ft.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugger View Post
    I think he has range set on manual at 80ft.
    No, if it was manual depth setting it would have a M beside the 80 number.
    edited:
    Well, the Helix and number series units have the M, looks like the ONIX/SOLIX does not.

I use using Auto with this screen shot and a 798ci SI Combo:

Last edited by Wayne P.; 04-28-2018 at 09:31 AM.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

15. Banned
    I always use auto

16. Banned
    I want to know if anyone has ever thought about a class action law suit against Johnson Outdoors due to all the issues from hardware to software

17. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phisherman View Post
    I want to know if anyone has ever thought about a class action law suit against Johnson Outdoors due to all the issues from hardware to software
    If you can find a lawyer to try to convince a judge that the crappy installs, weak batteries, bad settings and other user errors that are the reason for a vast majority of the issues presented in this forum are HB's fault, then I say go for it.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatBuggy View Post
    If you can find a lawyer to try to convince a judge that the crappy installs, weak batteries, bad settings and other user errors that are the reason for a vast majority of the issues presented in this forum are HB's fault, then I say go for it.
    Your hired!!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast