Sharing battery loads

Does anyone run any accessories off the trolling motor batteries or do you have all electronics and accessories on the cranking battery and the trolling motor only on the trolling batteries?

Is there any reason why you shouldn't share the load between cranking and trolling batteries?

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    If you run electronics you’ll have noise. If you run pumps you run the risk losing them if the situation gets bad. Leave things as they are.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    If you run electronics you’ll have noise. If you run pumps you run the risk losing them if the situation gets bad. Leave things as they are.
    Hmm, if the pumps run down the trolling motor batteries you can still start the main engine to get home!

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann-Marie View Post
    Hmm, if the pumps run down the trolling motor batteries you can still start the main engine to get home!
    What if you split a hull and need your bilge pumps to keep the hull drained? You need pumps powered by a source that keeps running as long as you have gas.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

5. Member
    If you are there to start the engine you can also turn on the parallel switch to support pumps on the house bank.

On our boat I fitted a 3 way valve on each of the engine raw water supplies. The normal setting took in raw sea water but you could switch it over to sucking water out of the bottom of the bilge to remove massive amounts of water in an emergency.

I have my power pole pumps hooked up to two of my 3 tm batteries, has been like this. For 2 of the three seasons since I bought brand new and my three interstate 29's are still kicking have used the boat approximately 300 days so far
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089