Thread: Views

Thumbs Up Views

Wow guys as i am checking out how many of you guys are reading Colorado/new mexico . what do you guys wanna see on this co/nm board? I will try and get what ur wanting to know.
    2012 RANGER Z521 EVINRUDE 250 HO

Guys check out the ABA this will be a great year to fish
    2012 RANGER Z521 EVINRUDE 250 HO

I want to see more postings of your guys outings....good or bad. I often wonder if I should pull my boat there, I have a lot of family in Golden and Westcliffe. I know nothing of bass opportunities in the state. I have chased trout around with my 4/5 wght and it gets old....pretty country but prefer my boat and bass. What ya say?
    I am not delusional,
    I see all illusions!

4. Member
    Ahhh our bass fishing opportunities are pretty lame. I wouldn't pull my boat 800 miles for what we have to offer. Pueblo would be about the best option for you from there.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

So if I spend 2 weeks there in August, what the hell am I going to do? Throwing terrestrials again? That is why I won't move there for retirement, much to my wife's dismay.
    I am not delusional,
    I see all illusions!

6. Member
    Golden and westcliffe both are a long ways from any boatable bass waters chatfield would be the closest but it's a pleasure boat zoo!! Aurora, maybe you can put a big boat on it but it is electric only. BIG Smalley's!! Otherwise you are driving 2 hours at least north or south. If you want to drive up north give me a week or so notice I'll get you out with me.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

7. Member
    Aurora and Chatfield are the two lakes that you can put your bass boat on. Chatfield, as said, is a madhouse on weekends. There are some decent largemouth there as well as a TON of smallies. Aurora on the other side of town is something most people can't figure out, but it's special. Ultra clear water and big fish. Nobody fishes for bass at Aurora, most people are chasing walleye, wiper and trout, so the bass get left alone. State record smallmouth has come out of there twice now (currently sitting at about 6.9lbs), and the next record is swimming there also (8+lbers have been seen electrofishing). Also there are some BIG largemouth in the 6-8lb class. But fishing for them in water with 30' visibility can be tricky, and it gets windy. I'm 5 minutes from Aurora and working on figuring it out this year (never fished it much until now). By August hopefully I'll have it dialed in, let me know and I can try to work something out. Pueblo down south you can find a lot of fish, but finding big ones can be hard.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi