Question 360 Trolling Motor Stick/Transducer on Fortrex

I tried searching the answer to this on here. If there is a link that answers this please send it and accept my apologies.
    When my trolling motor is stowed, should the 360 stick/transducer be suspended above the trolling motor or to the side (to the right if looking from seats)? I know the transducer should be at least an inch above the prop's highest reaching spot. And I know the "round" side must point directly in direction the hull points when deployed in the water. But you can get that done with stick being in either position.

I look at other people's boats and it seems some have it up high and others to the side. When trolling motor is in the water, if seems like it would be more protected when to the side instead of leading the trolling motor shaft when moving forward straight ahead. And you can see better driving when it's down and to the side when trolling motor is stowed as well.
    Does it matter? What's recommended? Is there a right or wrong answer?

I bought my boat from a pro and I THINK it was upward when trolling motor was stowed (harder to see when driving). One day I noticed it was completely to the side and knew it had not been tampered with my me or anyone else. I THINK my boat cover likely moved it when I ratcheted it down tight and I didn't notice. I have the basic understanding on tightening with the Allen wrench etc. I just want to have it right. Thank you

I just purchased a 360 and my plans are to mount it on the right side of the trolling motor. I am concerned that with it on the top, my cover will not fit.

Monitoring this post for feedback.

Makes no difference as long as the pointer is forward and it doesn't hit a sonar unit or bow light. I have mine on the port side like the installation instructions show on page 28 and page 29.
    Mine is on a Motor Guide Tour.

The Ultrex version has two positions, port and starboard.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL