2003 518 DVX - trolling motor tray??

I have a 2003 518 DVX and want to know if I can install a trolling motor tray without major problems???

2. Member
    Yep. But you will have to cut through the upper end of the center storage box. You will likely also cut the electrical wires leading to the light in the center compartment if it is lighted. No big deal.

3. Member
    Ok. Thank you. Any other suggestions before I do it?

4. Member
    Measure twice. Get a good blade. I have done it on 4 different boats; two were Ranger 518s. Routing the drain line is a pain. If you dig out enough foam, you will get down to a PVC channel. You will be glad you did once it's done, but you will get a sick stomach looking at the big hole you cut in your boat.

5. Member
    Squib, did you notice if it weakened the deck in that area allowing the floor to flex any. That's my main fear. 2002 518 DVX. Thanks.

6. Member
    I haven't noticed it. I weigh 175 lbs. It might flex more if I ate more hamburgers.

I do think it might help if you take out absolutely no more foam than you have to. Perhaps even shoot some of the spray expanding foam under the tray. Thing is that stuff is sticky and I wouldn't the tray to be stuck in my boat. I have pulled it out a few times to be able to route wires. That said, you might be able to tinfoil the bottom of the tray so as to not glue it in with the spray foam.

7. Member
    I have done it on my 519vx. I filled in all the voids with expanding foam to help prevent any weak spots. I weigh 290lbs and have not had any flexing or weak spots and it has been about 6 years ago that I installed it. Coat the bottom of the tray with crisco before you spray in the expanding foam and them install the tray. It will keep it from being stuck if you ever need to remove it.

8. BBC SPONSOR Pro's Choice Pete's Avatar
    You might check this out, I installed one on my 518vx and documented it. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....referrerid=495
    Pro's Choice Marine's Facebook Page
    Pete's Ranger Channel
    Click on the banner to check out our website!

Thanks for the post and link within!
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)