2006 Optimax 200HP Gearcase Question

Guys,

I need some help.

I roll my eyes every time I see a post like this, because I think 99% of the time they're just a thinly veiled classified ad meant to skirt the rules, but in this case, I can honestly say I have no idea what my gearcase is worth.

I have an XL 25" standard gearcase from a 2006 Mercury Optimax 200. I replaced it about 10 years ago now with a reman unit, and it's been sitting in my garage ever since. I haven't even had the boat it came from for about 5 years now. I was in a panic during tournament season and went with the quick fix because I couldn't "afford" to be out out of service. My plan was to have it repaired and sell it ASAP, and yet, here I am...

It was replaced because the original owner "eased" it into gear all the time, so the teeth on the gears going into reverse wore out, and it would no longer hold when under load. The forward gears show some wear, but aren't nearly as bad. It's never been hit or damaged in any way, everything else is in excellent condition, including the prop shaft, case itself, skeg, etc... Serial number is 1B256612, Model # 1200D83FY

It's disassembled and in parts, but I'd like to sell it as a complete package. I'm just looking for an estimate of a fair price I should advertise it for.

Any help is much appreciated.

Waxy
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    mabe 300 for all /needs gears they aint cheap
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

Another question that hopefully is a little easier to answer -

What years and HP ranges would that gearcase be compatible with? Any Optimax 200 from the late 90's to 2018? What about the 175, 200, 225, etc?

Thanks in advance.

Waxy

4. Member
    3.0L only wouldn't use on pxs models pesonally
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................