Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyFishing View Post
    How the heck did you get the ducer cable thru the steering module?? You mean you ran it into and out of the steering module??
    If you take the top off the trolling motor and disconnect the wires, the motor and shaft will come out of the steering module. If you're using a transducer with a smaller cable (Usually Humminbirds), you can put the transducer cable up through the steering module and lay it inside the slots that line up the slot in the shaft for steering, then reinstall the shaft/motor. This puts the steering cable in the slot of the shaft. The steering output tube turns with the shaft, so the cable will stay with the slot on the shaft.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

2. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    oh wow...thats cool. not gonna happen thought with my spotlight scan ducer cable, it's pretty thick
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

3. Member
    What size bolts did you use to screw into the top of the ultex? The 2 bolts that attach that fabricated piece of the main housing?

Thanks

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew1275 View Post
    What size bolts did you use to screw into the top of the ultex? The 2 bolts that attach that fabricated piece of the main housing?

Thanks
    If you mean the aluminum wire loom, I used the same size bolts that stabilizer arm connects with.

NICE! Thank you. I have an idea or two now.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    If it's the US2, you're looking at the extension cable. it will separate in the head. If you're looking at an ethernet cable (IPilot Link), then it does not separate in the head and you have to coil it up if not in use.
    I've never taken the top of any MinnKota trolling motor. Is it easy? Is there anything I need to worry about when taking the top off? I want to get rid of my US2 cable.

Quote Originally Posted by btribby View Post
    I've never taken the top of any MinnKota trolling motor. Is it easy? Is there anything I need to worry about when taking the top off? I want to get rid of my US2 cable.
    4 screws no issues
    "The handicapped angler"

8. Member
    Anyone ever try this?

Seems to make sense?

It works on the Ultrex also---See post #39

10. Member
    Are you selling any of these. If not how did you make the pattern.
    Alfred Reid

11. Member
    How much to make me one... please
    Alfred Reid

12. Member
    I used the information in this post to route a Lowrance 3-in-1 transducer cable up the slot and through boat mounting bracket of an Ultrex. It's a little tight, but it worked and it's as slick as could be. I spent a couple years fighting the cable on a previous transducer always worried that the slack was going to catch on something. I am thrilled with the improvement.

I couldn't get the cable all the way into the head of the TM and out like the built-in transducer cable, but I got it all the way to the top, which is just fine.

Here is the important part - I'm not particularly mechanical. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'm probably a 5. So this isn't a particularly difficult task. Take your time, track the hardware you take off [unless like me you need to entertain your 12 year old helper with the find-the-screw game], and this is a doable job for just about anyone. I wouldn't have thought to do it until I saw this post, so thanks everyone.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123