Thread: Moving to Texas

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    A Dallas Cowboys bumper sticker? I don't think he want to be a loser
    Sorry folks. As stated I'm from NC and I rep the Carolina Panthers forever.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by th365thli View Post
    Seems like I struck a nerve. As an outsider I'm merely asking if racism is a significant issue in Texas. I think that's a fair question from a LEGAL ethnic Asian no?
    By insinuating that Texas is a racist place, based on what you’ve heard, is inflammatory and disrespectful.

Quote Originally Posted by th365thli View Post
    Sorry folks. As stated I'm from NC and I rep the Carolina Panthers forever.
    Ugh...changed my mind..hate you

4. Member
    Are liberals a race? If so we may be a little racist in East Texas. We are friendly first.

Davy Crockett said it best when he was ready to move to Texas "The hell with ya'll I'm going to Texas"
    2016 Phoenix 819 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Kenny

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blakesfav View Post
    I live here in the DFW area and I can’t believe it’s even a concern of yours. This is an urban area with a high concentration of many different ethnicities, most of them high level professionals. I don’t think anyone here would even notice you’re Asian, much less make an issue of it. I couldn’t begin to imagine that happening here.

My medical group of six features one Vietnamese doctor, one doctor who is engaged to a Korean woman, two redneck guys from Auburn, and me from Louisiana. Of our 50 employees, 5 are African American and 20 are Hispanic. We have one female doctor. Does this sound like a racist place to you? This is an extreme non issue.
    TRAITOR how dare you cross the Sabine

ON a side note you can't believe everything people who have never been to Texas tell you. It's a good place to live if you like freedom and fishing. Just not as good as, nevermind were all full.
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbob View Post
    Are liberals a race? If so we may be a little racist in East Texas.

Well heck, I might be a racist too. Who can help us clarify the situation?

7. Member
    We may need a Northern border wall also

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Well heck, I might be a racist too. Who can help us clarify the situation?
    I know I am!!

9. Member
    [QUOTE=Jeff La;9310162]TRAITOR how dare you cross the Sabine

I waited until I was over 50 to finally do it. The thing I miss the most about Louisiana is actually fishing grass. I'd never seen a rock in a lake until I moved to DFW two years ago. It scared me a little :)

10. Banned
    [QUOTE=blakesfav;9310237]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff La View Post

I waited until I was over 50 to finally do it. The thing I miss the most about Louisiana is actually fishing grass. I'd never seen a rock in a lake until I moved to DFW two years ago. It scared me a little :)

Don’t go to this little lake called Amistad if rocks scare you, because it has rocks the size of vans in it.

I’m liking this state border wall idea. I wonder if we can get California to pay for it?

11. Banned

Like Grout said, you hadn't seen rocks till you go south. DFW rocks are more like gravel!

12. Member

Your not alone plenty have crossed and stayed. A few in my wife's family.

What no grass, how do they fish over there
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

13. Banned
    [QUOTE=Jeff La;9310298]
    Your not alone plenty have crossed and stayed. A few in my wife's family.

What no grass, how do they fish over there
    Hydrilla and ledge fishing. Used to be acres upon acres of matted hydrilla, now there's not as much since they dropped the lake 63ft a few years back.

14. Member
    Wow, this thread got way off topic. Anyways, thanks for the helpful insight from some of you. It is clear that many of you don’t want to us “Californians” our there. With what you see on the media, I don’t blame you. However, just remember there are still some god fearing, gun loving, outdoorsman, down right good people out here. It’s the crazy liberals that drive us away from our own home, and towards places that better fit our lifestyle. For those that think we should just stay and suffer because “we created the shit hole”, you’re way off base. There’s only so much you can do when you’re severely outnumbered in votes. Majority rules, and unfortunately the majority has made some very stupid decisions. I look forward to our move and meeting some of you fine Texans.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gofish42189 View Post
    I look forward to our move and meeting some of you fine Texans.
    PM me when you come in town to look around and I'll share with you what I've learned. I just made the move here two years ago so it's all fresh. Our tour will most likely include looking at a few houses from a boat :)

If you want to be on the east side of Dallas and prefer to stay closer to DFW than East Texas then I urge you to check out Fate. We lived there a couple of years and miss it very much. Great community, quiet, newer homes, great neighbors and close to both DFW and East Texas. Rockwall is good too and tons of shopping/medical there. Royse City and Heath are two good other places to check into as well.

17. Member
    PM me when you come in town to look around and I'll share with you what I've learned. I just made the move here two years ago so it's all fresh. Our tour will most likely include looking at a few houses from a boat :)
    Sounds great.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    If you want to be on the east side of Dallas and prefer to stay closer to DFW than East Texas then I urge you to check out Fate. We lived there a couple of years and miss it very much. Great community, quiet, newer homes, great neighbors and close to both DFW and East Texas. Rockwall is good too and tons of shopping/medical there. Royse City and Heath are two good other places to check into as well.
    It looks like my job will be in McKinney, at least initially. So I’m looking to stay south of there, and east of Dallas. Rockwall is looking like a great option.

Quote Originally Posted by gofish42189 View Post
    It looks like my job will be in McKinney, at least initially. So I’m looking to stay south of there, and east of Dallas. Rockwall is looking like a great option.
    We love the Rockwall area. Its a city but still has a smaller town feel to it. We did most of our shopping etc there when we lived in Fate and still go there a bit now. We never had a negative experience at all. People were friendly and nice. Great area.

I'm glad I'm not from California LOL.

I'm moving from one of the most republican states and we love our guns....

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast