Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Could be fuel pressure regulator i am about to replace on my motor i will update. When i pinch the return line on the fuel pressure regulator it seems to clear everything up.

2. Member
    Looks like I finally solved my issue. Honda Ray thanks is in order for telling me to get a Yamaha Bulb and replace that crappy Wal-Mart one.

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Oh yes the crappy w almart fuel bulb. Had that cause me fits on an old Yamaha once.

Make sure the arrow is pointed up on the bulb and secure it so it stays that way. Mounted any other way, it will be subject to vapor locking as the air bubble in it will not purge out. There is a long explanation as to why this will happen. This is a simple preventive fix that works. The bulb will always be soft and this is normal, but should pump solid in one or two pumps unless it has been siting for quite some time. Mounted arrow up it will also get solid with fewer pumps.
    Vapor locking can only occur where the fuel is not under pressure and is far more likely where it is being pulled not pushed IE: from tank to pulse pump
    Thank You Leon Pugh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12