Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
  1. Member
    since you insist:
    post #63 mine (and the core of our disagreement--Who gets to define Scripture?)

"1. Scripture is divinely inspired and therefore inerrant and infallible (T/F).
    2. Divinely inspired is a long way from inspired. (Only divinely inspired used in spiritual matters) (T/F).
    3. Sola Scriptura. Scripture is the only norm and source for spiritual matters. Scripture interprets itself. (Leave man out of it-Man does not have the authority nor the ability to interpret Scripture correctly, because he is tainted by sin) (T/F)."

post 66--yours
    ".I agree to the above 1,2,3 items. "

I have no posts between 66 and 70--therefore nothing to 'mumble' and nothing to change your mind. Yet:

post 70--yours
    "P.S. I do not agree with what you have written...................."

John Kerry, "I voted for it before I voted against it."
    Last edited by msethsmile; 06-08-2018 at 09:23 AM.

2. Member
    More of the same:
    Post 73--yours
    "You have a very distorted view of why Christ came and what He accomplished for those who are found in Him.
    I wish you the best ms, you can have the last word. "

I have several posts between73 and 94 (which is your 2500+ word post!)

posts 94, 95, 96--your posts directed specifically at me (who had the 'last word').:

"Ms, thank you for your comment." followed by 2500+ words
    "Ms, there are many comings of the lord in the old testament..."
    "Ms , you qoute Isiah 40"

Bill Clinton, "It depends on what your definition of 'is' is.
    Depends on your definition of 'last word'.
    2500+ words on a single post and tap dancing around the truth = wordsmith.

"Behold, the lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!" Jn1:29b-- not a whole lot of distortion there.
    Last edited by msethsmile; 06-08-2018 at 09:41 AM.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msethsmile View Post
    More of the same:
    Post 73--yours
    "You have a very distorted view of why Christ came and what He accomplished for those who are found in Him.
    I wish you the best ms, you can have the last word. "

I have several posts between73 and 94 (which is your 2500+ word post!)

posts 94, 95, 96--your posts directed specifically at me (who had the 'last word').:

"Ms, thank you for your comment." followed by 2500+ words
    "Ms, there are many comings of the lord in the old testament..."
    "Ms , you qoute Isiah 40"

Bill Clinton, "It depends on what your definition of 'is' is.
    Depends on your definition of 'last word'.
    2500+ words on a single post and tap dancing around the truth = wordsmith.

"Behold, the lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!" Jn1:29b-- not a whole lot of distortion there.
    Thanks Ms,

Again Ad homiem and no exegesis but Bill Clinton and John Kerry NICE !

4. Member
    For the tenth time, exegesis between us is impossible, we are from different planets. I don't mean this as a personal attack, just a statement of facts. You believe man has the right, ability, and duty to interpret Scripture. That is a heterodox view. I (and my fellowship) believe fallen imperfect man does not have the right, nor ability, nor duty to interpret Scripture. Scripture interprets itself. This is the orthodox view.

Given the above, explain to me the point of exegesis when one side interprets (define, edit, delete, pollute, modify) Scripture and the other side lets Scripture interpret Scripture.

Since we can't go ad hominem, does that mean we can't call each other out on misrepresentations? Swweeeet! Did you know the Chicago Cubs won all the World Series between 1908 and 2017? Sinister forces in league with mass communication prevented us from knowing this.

Show me the exegesis for man being able to interpret Scripture (keep it short please) and I'll show you exegesis why he can't. (Already quoted quite a few passages).
    Last edited by msethsmile; 06-09-2018 at 10:08 AM.

5. Member
    oops
    Last edited by msethsmile; 06-13-2018 at 09:19 AM.

6. Member
    Good evening ms,

You stated the following...

"exegesis between us is impossible"...……………………….

Gods Word says

Luke 18...…………."7Jesus replied, “What is impossible with man is possible with God.”

You said.........................."we are from different planets"...……………………………...I live on planet Earth, Where do you reside ? (Maybe that was metaphorical ? Like the bible uses Metaphors ? )

I do not mean any of my responses as a personal attack towards you either, OR YOUR "FELLOWSHIP"...….. whatever that means ? who do you fellowship with ? Catholic, Baptist, Pentecostal, Methodist , Non Denominational, Eastern Orthodox, Lutheran ?

Who do you fellowship with ?

...…..David Koresh had a "fellowship" in Waco , Tx

You are correct...……………………..I do not believe God left His written Word that mankind can not understand …………………..Teach, Exhort, correct, rebuke...……………. ect His message. God left His is written word (through the inspiration of His Apostles ) for us to completely understand...…..

Do I think I or any other Christian, can understand God "wholly"? NOPE , because the Word of God is Not a transcript that explains, God wholly...…………..Only what Gods would want us to know.

7. Member
    11th time.............................................. ..............................

8. Member
    What a wasted book of writing... N.T. and Old .......................................if Mankind can not understand, interpret , comprehend, absorb , Exhort, rebuke, teach …………… what is the name of YOUR FELLOWSHIP ?

9. Member
    I might add,

Jesus, Paul and others are recorded in Scripture Exegeting (
    ex·e·gete
    ˈeksəˌjēt/
    verb
    gerund or present participle: exegeting

• expound or interpret (a text, especially scripture).
      "I am able to exegete the scriptures in ways that make sense" )

the O.T. scriptures over and over to the Jews (From another planet ?) whom they disagreed with vehemently.

10. Member
    Ms, you said ...............…. "
    I (and my fellowship) believe fallen imperfect man does not have the right, nor ability, nor duty to interpret Scripture. Scripture interprets itself. This is the orthodox view."

REALLY ?

One example of a fallen man, imperfect , with a right and duty, with much ability, Interpreting scripture ( exegesis) ..………..of where you and the "fellowship" has it wrong.

After arriving in Athens, Paul was impressed with the people’s devotion to their religion. Some of the local philosophers took Paul to the Areopagus (Mars Hill) to hear more of his “new doctrine” (Acts 17:19). Paul declared, “Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are [most religious]” (Acts 17:22; see footnote a).The Apostle told them he observed their frequent objects of worship, including an altar with the inscription “To the unknown god”—concerning which Paul proclaimed, “Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you” (Acts 17:23). Paul’s description of the true God, however, highlighted similarities rather than differences and was inclusive. God “made the world and all things therein” (verse 24), including “all nations” (verse 26), so that everyone could “feel after him, and find him” (verse 27).Paul reassured them that God was “not far from every one of us” (Acts 17:27). Paul’s teaching strategy demonstrated his ability to find common ground with people of various backgrounds to facilitate understanding. Instead of just citing the Hebrew scriptures, Paul quoted Greek writers with whom the Gentile crowd would have been familiar: “For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring” (verse 28).The first reaction of the crowd was mixed, but in the end some people believed Paul’s message (see Acts 17:34).

Paul quoted a Greek writer? to exegete his opinion of the scriptrures ? No way.

Paul was a sinner, tainted by the unclean ?
    Paul was impressed with their devotion too religion, NOT true Christianity ? What a bad person ( well, he was a chief of sinners (1 timothy 1:12 ff )...………….familiarize yourself with Acts.

24 Five days later the high priest Ananias went down to Caesarea with some of the elders and a lawyer named Tertullus, and they brought their charges against Paul before the governor. 2 When Paul was called in, Tertullus presented his case before Felix: “We have enjoyed a long period of peace under you, and your foresight has brought about reforms in this nation. 3 Everywhere and in every way, most excellent Felix, we acknowledge this with profound gratitude. 4 But in order not to weary you further, I would request that you be kind enough to hear us briefly.5 We have found this man to be a troublemaker, stirring up riots among the Jews all over the world. He is a ringleader of the Nazarene sect 6 and even tried to desecrate the temple; so we seized him. [7] [a] 8 By examining him yourself you will be able to learn the truth about all these charges we are bringing against him.”9 The other Jews joined in the accusation, asserting that these things were true.10 When the governor motioned for him to speak, Paul replied: “I know that for a number of years you have been a judge over this nation; so I gladly make my defense. 11 You can easily verify that no more than twelve days ago I went up to Jerusalem to worshiep ( ever wonder why Paul would go to Jerusalem to worship if he no longer believed Sacrifices were necessary due to the precious blood of Christ ). 12 My accusers did not find me arguing with anyone at the temple, or stirring up a crowd in the synagogues or anywhere else in the city. 13 And they cannot prove to you the charges they are now making against me. 14 However, I admit that I worship the God of our ancestors as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets, 15 and I have the same hope in God as these men themselves have, that there is about to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked. 16 So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man.17 “After an absence of several years, I came to Jerusalem to bring my people gifts for the poor and to present offerings. 18 I was ceremonially clean (why was Paul worried about being "clean" if he had been cleansed by the blood of Christ?) when they found me in the temple courts doing this. There was no crowd with me, nor was I involved in any disturbance. 19 But there are some Jews from the province of Asia (think about the book of Revelation? read the first few verses), who ought to be here before you and bring charges if they have anything against me.20 Or these who are here should state what crime they found in me when I stood before the Sanhedrin— 21 unless it was this one thing I shouted as I stood in their presence: ‘It is concerning the resurrection of the dead that I am on trial before you today.’”22 Then Felix, who was well acquainted with the Way, adjourned the proceedings. “When Lysias the commander comes,” he said, “I will decide your case.” 23 He ordered the centurion to keep Paul under guard but to give him some freedom and permit his friends to take care of his needs.24 Several days later Felix came with his wife Drusilla, who was Jewish. He sent for Paul and listened to him as he spoke about faith in Christ Jesus (exegesis). 25 As Paul talked about righteousness, self-control and the judgment about to come, Felix was afraid (why would felix be afraid it judgement was 20,000 years away ?) and said, “That’s enough for now! You may leave. When I find it convenient, I will send for you.” 26 At the same time he was hoping that Paul would offer him a bribe, so he sent for him frequently and talked with him.27 When two years had passed, Felix was succeeded by Porcius Festus, but because Felix wanted to grant a favor to the Jews, he left Paul in prison.

The whole enchilada ………
    1Five days later the high priest Ananias went down to Caesarea with some of the elders and a lawyer named Tertullus, and they brought their charges against Paul before the governor. 2When Paul was called in, Tertullus presented his case before Felix: “We have enjoyed a long period of peace under you, and your foresight has brought about reforms in this nation. 3Everywhere and in every way, most excellent Felix, we acknowledge this with profound gratitude. 4But in order not to weary you further, I would request that you be kind enough to hear us briefly.5“We have found this man to be a troublemaker, stirring up riots among the Jews all over the world. He is a ringleader of the Nazarene sect 6and even tried to desecrate the temple; so we seized him. [7]a8By examining him yourself you will be able to learn the truth about all these charges we are bringing against him.”9The other Jews joined in the accusation, asserting that these things were true.10When the governor motioned for him to speak, Paul replied: “I know that for a number of years you have been a judge over this nation; so I gladly make my defense. 11You can easily verify that no more than twelve days ago I went up to Jerusalem to worship. 12My accusers did not find me arguing with anyone at the temple, or stirring up a crowd in the synagogues or anywhere else in the city. 13And they cannot prove to you the charges they are now making against me. 14However, I admit that I worship the God of our ancestors as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets, 15and I have the same hope in God as these men themselves have, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked. 16So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man.17“After an absence of several years, I came to Jerusalem to bring my people gifts for the poor and to present offerings. 18I was ceremonially clean when they found me in the temple courts doing this. There was no crowd with me, nor was I involved in any disturbance. 19But there are some Jews from the province of Asia, who ought to be here before you and bring charges if they have anything against me. 20Or these who are here should state what crime they found in me when I stood before the Sanhedrin— 21unless it was this one thing I shouted as I stood in their presence: ‘It is concerning the resurrection of the dead that I am on trial before you today.’ ”22Then Felix, who was well acquainted with the Way, adjourned the proceedings. “When Lysias the commander comes,” he said, “I will decide your case.” 23He ordered the centurion to keep Paul under guard but to give him some freedom and permit his friends to take care of his needs.24Several days later Felix came with his wife Drusilla, who was Jewish. He sent for Paul and listened to him as he spoke about faith in Christ Jesus. 25As Paul talked about righteousness, self-control and the judgment to come, Felix was afraid and said, “That’s enough for now! You may leave. When I find it convenient, I will send for you.” 26At the same time he was hoping that Paul would offer him a bribe, so he sent for him frequently and talked with him.27When two years had passed, Felix was succeeded by Porcius Festus, but because Felix wanted to grant a favor to the Jews, he left Paul in prison.

11. Member
    Please read Acts 24:5
    We have found this man to be a troublemaker, stirring up riots among the Jews all over the world.

Ms, do you believe Paul was stirring up riots , being a trouble maker all over the world ? Do you think Paul traveled Europe, South Africa, Amercias, China, north pole, south pole ect ?

come on, the bible says "all over the world"

What does "all over the world" mean?

Please let us know ……………….You or your "fellowship" should know

Thank you

12. Member
    Ms,

what Greek word is used in this text regarding the Resurrection ? (hint, "shall be" , or ABOUT TO BE ?)

I am sure you or "the fellowship " can Identify the greek word).

And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be (MELLOW) a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust

Please pay attention to the highlighted area.

What Greek word was used in Paul's argument "mellow" exegesis ? I am sure you nor I want anyone to misinterpret GODS WORD.

If Paul used that Greek word, do you not find it troubling that interpreters used a "wholly" different meaning ?

Ms, what is the greek word used in this verse ?

13. Member
    Mellow, is "about to be"

research it...............

Paul was explaining in the 1st century when his life was on the line before the religious, and secular Romans...………………….there is about to be (nearness to his audience)…………………...the resurrection of the just and unjust .

14. Member
    Ms, in case you have never studied the Greek word "Mellow" "about to be". Here are a few examples of how the authors of the N.T. used the Greek word mellow in case there is any misunderstanding from the you or the "FELLOWSHIP".

If I told my wife, Lisa, I am about to (mellow) take you on a vacation you will never forget, she would assume I was "about to" do it, sometime in our lifetime (before all of the died, before this generation passed away,...…………………………….not 2000 years later.

15. Member
    he following is a study of the Greek word “mello” (lit. “about to be”) according to its various grammatical forms. Wigram’s Analytical Greek Lexicon, and A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament by J. H. Mayer, are the authorities used. Quotations are from Young’s Literal Translation. There are 108 verses in the New Testament that use some form of mello for a total of 111 occurrences, including 3 verses which use the word twice, and 3 textual variants (Acts 23:30; Heb. 9:11 and 2 Pet. 1:12). Take a careful look at these texts. In most translations, mello is incorrectly rendered “shall” most of the time, especially in prophetic texts, with no indication that a near time of occurrence is involved. The use of mello indicates something is “about to be” or “about to” occur, so the English word “shall,” which simply implies a future action with no indication of timing, is not adequate to express the inherent imminency of the word “mello.” This becomes very important when we look at prophetic texts that use this word in reference to the return of Christ and other end time events. This implies that those events were “about to” occur. Since most translators believe the events are still future, they have difficulty translating it with an “about to” sense, especially in prophetic texts. Here is a complete list of all occurrences of “mello”, classified according to their tense and mood.

*An asterisk in front of a verse reference in following pages, marks an important prophetic passage. Note carefully how the word “mello” is used in that passage.

1. Future Indicative—Mood of fact or reality—action in future time.
    Mt. 24:6, “and ye shall begin to hear of wars, and reports of wars...”
    2 Pet. 1:12, “Wherefore, I will not be careless always to remind you...”

2. Present Subjective–Mood of contingency or possibility, questioning action in progress, or repeated action.
    Mk. 13:4, “and what is the sign when all these may be about to be fulfilled?”
    Lk. 21:7, “what is the sign when these things may be about to happen?”
    Rev. 10:7, “the seventh messenger, when he may be about to sound, the secret of God may be finished...”

3. Present Infinitive–Denotes a process in action. A verb used as a noun.
    Acts 11:28, “[Agabus] did signify through the Spirit a great dearth is about to be throughout all the world–which also came to pass...”
    Acts 19:27, “the great goddess Artemis...her greatness is about to be brought down...”
    Acts 23:30, “a plot about to be of the Jews.”
    *Acts 24:15, “...about to be a rising again of the dead”
    Acts 25:4, “and himself [Paul) is about speedily to go on thither,.”
    Acts 27:10, “I perceive that with much hurt, and much damage.. the voyage is about to be
    Acts 28:6, “and they were expecting him to be about to be inflamed...”

4. Imperfect–Denotes action in progress in past time.
    a. Action in progress in past time.
    b. Action repeated in past time.
    c. Customary action in past time.
    d. Action begun in past time.
    e. Action, or intention attempted, but not carried out in past time.
    f. Impossible, impractical, or hesitant wish.

Lk. 7:2, “...centurion’s servant ... was about to die...”
    Lk. 9:31, “[Moses and Elijah).. spoke of his outgoing that was about to fulfill in Jerusalem.”
    Lk. 10:1, “the Lord did appoint also other seventy and sent them...whither he himself was about to come.”
    Lk. 19:4, “and having run forward before, he [Zaccheus] went up a sycamore, because through that way he [Jesus] was about to pass by.”
    Jn. 4:47, “[A certain courtier) was asking Him that he may come down and may heal his son, for he was about to die.”
    Jn. 6:6, “for he himself [Jesus) had known what he was about to do.”
    Jn. 6:71, “and he spake of Judas...for he was about to deliver him up...”
    Jn. 7:39, “and this he said of the Spirit, which those believing in him were about to receive...”
    Jn. 11:51, “he [the chief priest) did prophesy that Jesus was about to die for the nation.
    Jn. 12:33, “and this He [Jesus) said signifying by what manner of death he was about to die,.”
    Jn. 18:32, “signifying what manner of death he was about to die.”
    Acts 12:6, “...Herod was about to bring him forth...”
    Acts 16:27, “the jailer ... was about to kill himself...”
    Acts 21:27, “seven days were about to be fully ended”
    Acts 27:33, “And till the day was about to be”
    Heb. 11:8, “By faith Abraham...did...go forth to the place...he was about to receive as an inheritance...”
    Rev. 3:2, “strengthen the rest of the things that are about to die...”
    Rev. 10:4, “I was about to write...”

5. Present Indicative–Mood of fact or reality, present tense may be represented by:
    A. Present action in progress or repeated.
    B. Simple event in present time.
    C. Customary action or general truth.
    D. Tendency or attempt in present time.
    E. Historic present: for vivid description of past event.
    F. Futuristic present: present used for future.
    G. Past action continuing into present ((requires a specific phrase to show the past aspect).

Matt. 2:13, “for Herod is about to seek the child to destroy him.”
    *Matt. 16:27, “For, the Son of Man is about to come in the glory of his Father...”
    Matt. 17:12, “Elijah did already come...so also the Son of Man is about to suffer by them.”
    Matt. 17:22, “Son of Man is about to be delivered up”
    Matt. 20:22, “are ye able to drink of the cup that I am about to drink?...”
    Lk. 9:44 “...Son of Man is about to be delivered up...”
    Lk. 19:11, “because of their thinking that the reign of God is about presently to be manifest.”
    Jn. 6:15, “Jesus.. .having known that they are about to come and take him by force that they may make him king…”
    Jn. 7:35, “Whither is this one about to go that we shall not find him?–to the dispersion of the Greeks is he about to go?...” (both uses are Pres. Indic.)
    Jn. 14:22, “...hath come to pass, that to us thou are about to manifest thyself, and not to the world?”
    Acts 5:35, “take heed to yourselves about these men, what ye are about to do...”
    *Acts 17:31, “because He did set a day in which He is about to judge the world...”
    Acts 20:38, “sorrowing...that they are about no more to see his face...”
    Acts 22:16, “and now, why tarriest thou? Having risen, baptize thyself...”
    Acts 22:26, “Take heed what thou art about to do, for this man is a Roman;.”
    Acts 23:3, “..God is about to smite thee, thou white-washed wall...”
    *Acts 26:23, “that the Christ...is about to proclaim light to the nations.”
    Rom. 4:24, “but also on ours [account) to whom it [righteousness] is about to be reckoned–to us believing on Him...”
    Rom. 8:13, “for if according to the flesh ye do live, ye are about to die; ...”
    1 Thes. 3:4, “we said to you beforehand, that we are about to suffer tribulation...”
    Rev. 1:19, “Write the things ..that are about to come after these things;”
    Rev. 2:10, “Be not afraid of the things that thou art about to suffer. The devil is about to cast some of you into prison...” (used twice, both Pres. Indic.)
    Rev. 3:16, “I am about to vomit thee out...”
    *Rev. 12:5, “and she brought forth a male child, who is about to rule all nations with a rod of iron;...”
    *Rev. 17:8, “The beast...it was, and is not; and it is about to come up out of the abyss, and to go away to destruction...”

6. Present Participle–A verb used as an adjective. In the present tense it may denote:
    A. Continuing or repeated action.
    B. Action simultaneous to leading verb.
    C. Some action as leading verb.
    D. To identify as a member of a certain class.

*Mt. 3:7, “Brood of vipers! who did shew you to flee from the [about to be] wrath?”
    Mt. 11:14, “he is Elijah who was about to come;” (present tense–is).
    *Mt. 12:32, “it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this age, nor in that which is coming [lit. “about to be”].”
    Mk. 10:32, “he began to tell them the things about to happen to him,.”
    Lk. 3:7, “who did prompt you to flee the coming wrath?”
    Lk. 13:9, “and if indeed it may bear fruit [in the future).”
    *Lk. 21:36, “that ye may be counted worthy to escape all these things that are about to come to pass...”
    Lk. 22:23, “And they [the disciples) reasoned among themselves.. .who then of them it may be, is about to do this thing [betray Jesus).”
    Lk. 24:21, “we were hoping that he it is who is about to redeem Israel...”
    Jn. 12:4, “Judas Iscariot, of Simon, who is about to deliver him up–.”
    Acts 3:3, “who, having seen Peter and John about to go into the temple...”
    Acts 13:34, “no more being about to return to corruption...”
    Acts 18:14, “and Paul being about to open his mouth...”
    Acts 20:3, “[Paul) being about to set forth to Syria...”
    Acts 20:7, “Paul was discoursing to them about to depart on the morrow...”
    Acts 20:13, “thence intending to take in Paul, for so had he arranged, intending himself to go on foot;.” (used twice here, both Present Participle)
    Acts 21:37, “And Paul being about to be led into the castle...”
    Acts 22:29, “they departed from him who are about to examine him, . .
    Acts 23:15, “he may bring him down unto you, as being about to know more exactly the things concerning him;...”
    Acts 23:20, “as being about to inquire something more exactly about him;.”
    Acts 23:27, “and being about to be killed by them...”
    Acts 24:25, “and he reasoning concerning righteousness, and temperance, and the judgment that is about to be...”
    Acts 26:2, “being about to make a defense before thee to-day,.”
    *Acts 26:22, “saying nothing besides the things that both the prophets and Moses spake of as about to come,.”
    Acts 27:2, “being about to set sail by the coasts of Asia...”
    Acts 27:30, “in pretense as if...they are about to cast anchors,.”
    *Rom. 5:14, “who is a type of him who is coming.”
    *Rom. 8:18, “the sufferings of the present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory about to be revealed in us;.”
    Rom. 8:38, “nor things present, nor things about to be...”
    1 Cor. 3:22, “or things present, or things about to be...”
    *Gal. 3:23, “shut up to the faith about to be revealed,.”
    *Eph. 1:21, “not only in this age, but the coming one;.”
    *Col. 2:17, “which are shadows of the coming things,...
    1 Tim. 1:16, “for a pattern of those about to believe on him to life...”
    *1 Tim. 4:8, “a promise having of the life that now is and of that which is coming
    1 Tim. 6:19, “treasuring up to themselves a right foundation for the time to come [lit. about to be]...”
    *2 Tim. 4:1, “Christ, who is about to judge the living and dead...”
    *Heb. 1:14, “being sent forth because of those about to inherit salvation?”
    *Heb. 2:5, “For not to messengers did He subject the coming world...”
    *Heb. 6:5, “the powers of the coming age,.”
    *Heb. 8:5, “Moses, being about to construct the tabernacle...”
    *Heb. 9:11, “And Christ being come, chief priest of the coming [lit. “about to be”] good things...”
    *Heb. 10:1, “For the law having a shadow of the coming [lit. “about to be”] good things...”
    *Heb. 10:27, “fiery zeal about to devour the opposers;.”
    Heb. 11:20 “concerning coming [lit. “about to be”] things...”
    *Heb. 13:14, “for we have not here an abiding city, but the coming one we seek;”
    *Jas. 2:12, “so speak ye and so do, as about by a law of liberty...”
    *1 Pet. 5:1, “of the glory about to be revealed...”
    2 Pet. 2:6, “an example of those about to be impious...”
    *Rev. 3:10, “I also will keep thee from the hour of the trial that is about to come upon all the world...”
    Rev. 6:11, “their brethren who are about to be killed-even as they.”
    Rev. 8:13, “trumpet of the three messengers who are about to sound”
    Rev. 12:4, “the dragon did stand before the woman who is about to bring forth...”

16. Member
    "Mellow" is a defining term used in everyday life of a first century Jew...………..follower of Torah. "Mellow" DID NOT MEAN, NOR EVER HAS, 2000 years in the life of a first century believer.

What says...…………….the "fellowship" ?

17. Member
    2 Timothy 2:15 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

18. Member
    1. I appreciate your briefness.
    2. Mello sucks. He is the definition of a 'volume shooter'. He can really shoot though...
    3. Yes, God gives us in Scripture enough to understand (certainly not all) about salvation. The problem is our minds can't comprehend all of heaven, God, etc. Why? Because we're tainted by sin. It messes up our reason (and everything else). Adam and Eve, before the fall, walked in perfect fellowship with God. Oops.
    My concern is interpretation--defining words and terms. Of coarse we should use Scripture--it is the only valid road map to heaven. Why can't we completely comprehend heaven? Sin. We can't we completely comprehend Scripture? Sin. We can't we interpret correctly (perfect) Scripture. Sin

Fellowship--defined Acts 2:42--Altar, Pulpit, and Prayer. Altar--we Commune at each others' table. We practice "Closed"/"Close" Communion. (This alone could be pages) Pulpit--Only Pastors in our fellowship in our pulpits. Yes, we have pulpits--which itself is adiaphora, you get the drift though. Prayer--just like it sounds. Why joined and separated? God said so.:Amos 3:3, 1 Cor 1;10, and the daddy Rom 16:17

Mark this: If you start with improper hermaneutics (faulty premise) then you will get a faulty ('distorted')view of Scripture and its contents (Christ, conversion, woman's roles, Last things, Sacraments, Sin, etc.)

Scripture interprets Scripture (and thus sound doctrine):

(Mt 7:16-21)--Good trees produce good fruit. You can't get more 'good' than Scripture
    (Mt 16:6-12)--The Pharisees of Christ's day did their own interpretation of Scripture and added/subtracted to it. Oops.
    (Mt 28:20)--obey all teachings. No pick and choose, rewrite
    Lk 6:47-49)--house built on rock of God's word (written form: Scripture). Man's interpretation is rock? No, its subject to winds.
    (Jn 8:31)--Christ's teachings are the truth. Don't mess with em (redefine, rewrite, da, da, da)
    many, many more

Sounds like you have a weak concept of Fellowship-and yet, there it is Act 2:42. Scripture interprets Scripture. (not you, not me)
    Sounds like you have a weak concept of original sin-and yet, there it is Gen 6:5, Ps 51:5. Scripture interprets Scripture. (Not you, not me)
    Sounds like you have a weak concept of the Sacraments--and yet, there it is Mt 26:26 "Is" means is. Scripture interprets Scripture (Not you, not me)
    Last edited by msethsmile; 06-13-2018 at 10:57 AM.

19. Member
    I fully realize fellowship, original sin, total depravity, and Sacraments are minority views in Christianity. Does that mean those who deny these things are damned? Certainly not (Mark 16:16). We simply don't agree on all things and therefore are not in fellowship as Scripture defines it. When all Christians are gathered up to heaven, we will have perfect fellowship with God and with each other.--Yippee. "I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope." (Ps 130:5)

This daily devotion applies to this thread. Peace brothers.

https://www.ligonier.org/learn/devot...g-passion-god/

" Theology can become a game, a power game to see who can display the most erudition"
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast