Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dogdare View Post
    Authorized king James.
    That may be the first indication of your misunderstanding of Eschatology..............(I think someone in this thread said, don't count on man (interpreters of the Greek language while translating into our English ), but only on the Word of God.

In Mathew 24 AKJV reads as follows : 3
    And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what
    shall be
    the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world (Aeon, not Cosmos)?

You may want to visit a common Greek Lexicon and see the difference in Aeon, and Cosmos. They are two totally different Greek words with two totally different meanings.

Maybe Jesus wasn't referring to the End of the World (per AKJV, now corrected in the modern NKJV accurately ), Maybe Jesus was referring to the End of the Age.

For me to take you guys seriously, you need to be familiar with common Greek words with which the Apostles used on a daily basis. ( I am not gonna quote the myriad verses in which they used these words).

Again, would anyone like to answer may questions about "and this gospel of the Kingdom will be preached in the whole world and then the end will come" ?

Has the "Gospel been preached in the whole world" today? If it has.............................Jesus "the interpreter of scripture said the end would come. If it hasn't, please tell me why this has not occurred yet............

Is it that complicated ?
    Last edited by godsdozer; 05-22-2018 at 11:44 PM. Reason: mispelling

2. Member
    In other words............................................. ..the writers of new testament use Aeon.................Age.

NOT COSMOS "world"
    Last edited by godsdozer; 05-22-2018 at 11:42 PM. Reason: mispelling

3. Member
    If I were to say the World was coming to end tomorrow...................................there is a totally different meaning if I said the AGE is coming to a end.

4. Member
    This Scripture interprets itself principle(vs. man interprets) isn't complicated at all:
    BTW, what did Christ use to defend Himself when He was tempted 3 times in the desert? Satan even used (cited) his interpretation of Scripture. Answer: Christ used Scripture. I'm sure satan got a taste of properly interpreted Scripture that day.

Ps 118:8 "It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man." --Trust man for interpretations?

Lk 24:27 "And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself."

Jn 7:17 "If anyone chooses to do God's will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or I speak on my own." --Don't speak on our own.

Jn 8:47 "He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God." --ouch. What were the Pharisees (there's a little pharisee in all of us) questioning Christ about? Answer: Their version of Scripture cast them as the true descendants of Abraham. Abraham longed to see Christ's day while the Pharisees were trying to kill Him. Scripture: The true descendants are by faith (Spiritual). Sound familiar? We need to look at the pharisee in the mirror. Our interpretation is tainted by sin and therefore in error.

Jn 16:14 "He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you."--Who makes it known? God does.

Formal Principle (What forms your doctrine): Scripture alone. Oh, that and old Johnny Carson monologues (which is essentially what man contributes).

BTW, Jesus endorsed the O.T. : Lk 16:29-31, 24:27, Jn 5:39, 45-47.--good reason to cite O.T.

As for Abraham and his spiritual descendants (Christians): Habakkuk 2:4b "The righteous will live by his faith."---Amen to that.*

*Mark this: The real power in faith is not faith itself but rather the object of that faith--Christ. A baby and Mr. Universe both have a $100 bill in their hand. Which is worth more? Still, the strength of faith is important (we should do things that strengthen faith and avoid things that tear it down). But the power resides in faith's object--Christ. Where there is forgiveness of sins there is eternal life.
    Last edited by msethsmile; 05-23-2018 at 10:01 AM.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    May I ask yall a question ?

Has Mathew 24:14 been fulfilled?

"And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world, and then the end will come" ?
    There seems to be some really spiritually minded people here, and not one has answered/or able to answer this question ?

Maybe Jesus was referring to the End of the Age. Jesus was referring to the end of Jerusalem. Read back to Matthew 23.

http://lavistachurchofchrist.org/LVa...gMatthew24.htm
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    There seems to be some really spiritually minded people here, and not one has answered/or able to answer this question ?
    In addition to general signs, Jesus gives his disciples specific signs to watch for which would tell them that the destruction of Jerusalem would be soon. Before Jerusalem would be destroyed, the gospel would be preached to the whole world (Matthew 24:14).

Read the article posted in the link. Its a great insight into what Jesus was referring to in Matt chapter 24.
    " A Few Good Fish"

The destruction of Jerusalem already happened.
    http://lavistachurchofchrist.org/LVs...Jerusalem.html

But not even Jesus himself knows of the day when Hes coming back.
    " A Few Good Fish"

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel14 View Post
    Maybe Jesus was referring to the End of the Age. Jesus was referring to the end of Jerusalem. Read back to Matthew 23.

http://lavistachurchofchrist.org/LVa...gMatthew24.htm

Agreed...…………...Jesus was teaching the end of the Age.

10. Member
    I agree :the gospel had been preached to all the world by the time of the destruction of Jerusalem in A.D. 70.

Romans 10:18
    18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.

Colosians 1:23
    if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.

colosians 1:6
    Which is come unto you,
    g
    as
    it is
    in all the world; and
    h
    bringeth forth fruit, as
    it doth
    also in you, since the day ye heard
    of it
    , and knew
    i
    the grace of God in truth:

11. Member
    It is my understanding the CoC are mostly partial preterist when it comes to eschatology.

How many commings / second appearings do the writers of the testament mention ? I think, 1

How many "Ends" are there ? I think, 1

How many judgements do they teach at the "end" / "second appearing"

To split up Mathew 24 the way the article suggest into a answer for the end of the old covenant age (destruction of Jerusalem) and then the end of the "world" presents many problems and seems to contradict what the new testament writers penned over the years after Jesus ascended.

Thank you for your thoughts !

According to what the Bible teaches. There will be no signs to indicate when Judgement day will be. It will come like a thief in the night.

Matthew 24:
    The Day and Hour Unknown
    36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[f] but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

42 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.
    " A Few Good Fish"

13. Member
    It will be impossible for anyone standing on the earth to miss Christ's second coming:

Is 40:5, And the glory of the LORD will be revealed, and all mankind together will see it.

Mt 24:29-31 "Immediately after the distress of those days'' 'the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.' "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth shall mourn.'

Rev 1:7 Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him;...

And somehow we will or have (past tense) missed this? If the universe (including earth)was being destroyed, we'd probably notice. Christ's return must be unmistakable for all. Time has a beginning and it will have an end.
    Last edited by msethsmile; 06-07-2018 at 09:28 AM.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msethsmile View Post
    It will be impossible for anyone standing on the earth to miss Christ's second coming:

Is 40:5, And the glory of the LORD will be revealed, and all mankind together will see it.

Mt 24:29-31 "Immediately after the distress of those days'' 'the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.' "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth shall mourn.'

Rev 1:7 Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him;...

And somehow we will or have (past tense) missed this? If the universe (including earth)was being destroyed, we'd probably notice. Christ's return must be unmistakable for all. Time has a beginning and it will have an end.
    Ms, thank you for your comment.

When attempting to explain that Jesus returned at the fall of the Old World of Judaism in 70 AD (SOC), one of the first objections offered is Revelation 1:7, "Behold, he cometh with the clouds and every eye shall see him, and they also that pierced him, and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him." One detractor challenged this scribe: "Did every eye see him (Christ) in 70 A.D.? Did your eye see him? I know my eye did not see him in 70 A.D.." Such objections are to be expected when a person has deep-seated traditional concepts about the coming of Jesus. We must be prepared to show these ideas to be Biblically untenable. Let us examine this passage in its context and seek to discover its true significance. Historical Background It seems to have escaped the notice of those who offer Revelation 1:7 as proof of a yet future coming of Jesus that this verse is taken directly out of the book of Zechariah; and as we shall see Jesus also uses this verse in the great eschatological discourse of Matthew 24. Surely the Bible student will want to be fully aware of how the verse is used in those contexts. In Zechariah 12:10 the Spirit is speaking of a time which he designated as "in that day." This little term is used extensively by the prophet and is a limiting factor for everything which he discusses. Some of the "in that day" statements are confessedly enigmatic; but enough of them are sufficiently specific as to subject or time that there can be no misunderstanding.
    1. "In that day" was to be when God would "break my covenant made with all the people" 11:7-11. This is undeniably when the Old Covenant would pass.
    2. "In that day" would be "when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and Jerusalem" 12:1.
    3. "In that day would be when "there shall be great mourning in Jerusalem," 12:11.
    4. "In that day" would be when "there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David...for sin and for uncleanness," 13:1.
    5. "In that day" would be when God would "cause the prophets and the unclean spirit to pass out of the land," 13:2.
    6. "In that day" would be when the shepherd would be smitten and the sheep scattered, 13:6-7.
    7. "In that day" would be when only a remnant would be saved, 13:8.
    8. "In that day" would be when God would "gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle," 14:2.
    9. "In that day" "living waters would go out from Jerusalem," 14:8.
    10. "In that day" there would be only one God and one Lord, 14:9.

Now in the same "in that day" when all the above was to happen we are told "they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him...," 12:10; and this is the very foundation of the citation in Revelation 1:7! Is it not patent that all the above; the betrayal of the shepherd, the fountain for sin, the cessation of miraculous gifts and demonic possession, the coronation of the one Lord; and the siege of Jerusalem all happened in one generation? How then can one divorce the appearance of the Messiah, when they would look on him whom they had pierced, from that same fateful generation? Interestingly, John the author of Revelation used Zechariah 12:10 on another occasion. In John 19:37 as Jesus hung on the cross the Lord's favorite apostle records the event as fulfillment of Zechariah's words. This application of a single prediction to two events is not unknown in scripture. The prophecy of Psalm 2:7 is cited several times in scripture. It is used in Acts 13:33 of Jesus' resurrection; in Hebrews 1:5 seemingly of when he entered the world, possibly at his baptism. See Luke 3:22; and in Hebrews 5:5 to speak of Jesus' priesthood. Thus it is not unknown for the inspired writers to apply a single prediction to two separate events but with a somewhat connected idea in mind. For John Zechariah 12:10 was applicable to Jesus' crucifixion; but it would receive final fulfillment when "all the tribes of the earth" would mourn when they looked on him whom they had pierced. To John this would be when Jesus returned in the clouds of glory. Jesus and Zechariah 12:10 As shown Zechariah 12:10 is the background for Revelation 1:7 and the context demands the event be in the first century generation. But our Lord also employed the language of Zechariah/Revelation in such a way that all controversy as to WHEN it would happen should be dispelled. In the famous apocalypse of Matthew 24 our Lord predicted the destruction of Jerusalem. Among amillenialists there is a consensus that all verses of chapter 24 prior to verse 36 are referent to the destruction of Jerusalem in A.D.70. A good representation of the amillenial view is Roy Deaver's little tract, "Premillenialism: Matthew 24 and 25 Do Not Teach It." In Matthew 24:29-31 Jesus adopts the classical style of Jewish apocalyptic literature in describing the fall of the Theocracy. In verse 30 Messiah quotes Zechariah 12:10 as occurring when the Son of Man would be seen "coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory." Now notice the emphatic time statements. In verse 32 Jesus tells the parable of the fig tree. When the predicted events began to be seen by the apostles and disciples they were to "know it is near, even at the doors." He then avers in positive terms, "Verily, I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, until all these things shall be fulfilled" v.34. Our Lord has specifically told us when he would come with the clouds, cf. Rev.1:7, when he would be seen by all those who pierced him. It would be in his generation. In confirmation of the time frame of his coming with the clouds in judgment one needs to examine Matthew 16:27-28 and compare Revelation 22:12. There is absolute harmony and unity between all these verses. In Matthew 16:27-28 Jesus promised to return in judgment with the angels in the lifetime of his disciples. In Matthew 24 he promised to come and be seen by those who had pierced him and it was to be in that generation. In Revelation he would be seen by those who had pierced him and, "Behold, I come quickly, and my reward is with me to give to every man according as his work shall be," Rev.1:7; 22:12. How can one objectively examine these texts and ignore the time frame so inextricably woven into the text? Upon what basis can one say that while Jesus in Matthew 24 cited Zechariah 12 as to be fulfilled at his return in Jerusalem's fall, that in Revelation, although it emphatically tells us it would shortly come to pass (l:l-3) it has not yet been fulfilled? Reader, when did John, by inspiration of the Holy Spirit, say the things of which he wrote would take place? Did he say they would not be fulfilled for many years? Did he say SOME of those things were "at hand" and "must shortly come to pass"? Can you not see the identical time frame in Revelation as in Matthew 24 and Zechariah 12? Notice the correlation between the theme of the three texts. In Zechariah we are dealing with a time when Jerusalem would be surrounded and besieged, 12:2,11; 13:8ff; 14:2. In Matthew 24 the subject is the destruction of Jerusalem, 24:1-3. In Revelation the theme is the destruction of the great city "where our Lord was crucified," 11:8. In all three texts you have the coming of the Lord, Zech.14:3-5; Matthew 24:29-31; Revelation 1:7. In each of the texts those who pierced him would see him, Zechariah 12:10, Matthew 24:30, Revelation 1:7. And of course at the risk of being repetitious all three events were set in a specific time frame "in that day." Zech.12; "this generation shall not pass away," Matthew 24:34; and "the time is at hand," Rev.1:3. A Related Passage It is important to note a passage which is related to the Zechariah 12/Revelation 1 texts. As Jesus stood before Caiaphas the high priest implored him to dispel their doubts and tell them if he was indeed Messiah. Jesus' response is important to the study of Revelation 1:7,"Thou hast said: Nevertheless, I say unto you, Here after shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power and coming in the clouds of heaven." In this passage we have the identical elements as in Revelation 1:7. In Revelation we are told that those who pierced him would see him. In Matthew Caiaphas, one of the chief instigators of Jesus' crucifixion is told he would witness Jesus' return. In Revelation the Lord was to return with the clouds. In Matthew Jesus promised to return in the clouds. In Matthew Caiaphas is told he would personally witness the return; in Revelation the event was "at hand" and "Behold, I come quickly." Just a word here about the coming in the clouds. The mind set which demands a literal return on the physical clouds needs further study in the Biblical usage of the concept. Clouds are depicted as the "chariots of God" and indicative of his MAJESTY. In Job 22:12ff Job exalts Jehovah as the one who is in the height of heaven and covered with thick clouds. In Psalm 18 which is a highly apocalyptic description of David's deliverance from Saul the former shepherd tells how Jehovah "bowed the heavens...and came down with darkness under his feet, he rode upon a cherub, and flew; He flew upon the wings of the wind. He made darkness His secret place; His canopy around Him was dark waters and thick clouds of the skies." Now one can look but in vain to find a physical event matching these words. Jehovah had acted to deliver his servant and thus he had come. He had acted and his actions had vindicated his righteousness, thus he was depicted as coming in majesty in the clouds. Psalm 68:32-35 also speaks of God who "rides on the heaven of heavens" and "his strength is in the clouds." Again the concept is his majesty and sovereignty. Psalms 104:3 tells us God "makes the clouds his chariots" and "walks on the wings of the wind." The idea of God's coming in the clouds is also associated with the exercise of his sovereignty in JUDGING his enemies. In Isaiah 19 Jehovah "rides on a swift cloud and will come into Egypt." We know from chapter 20 that it was the Assyrians who were God's instrument of wrath on Egypt, see Isaiah 20:1-4; yet it is said that Jehovah was coming on a cloud. In Zephaniah 1:14-16 we are told the "great day of the Lord is near;" and that it would be a day of "wrath," "distress," and a "day of clouds," when the Lord would come. We know this is a prediction of the impending judgment on Jerusalem, 1:4ff. This judgment came in 606-586 BC. Similar language is found in Nahum in the prediction of Nineveh's fall. Jehovah "has his way in the whirlwind...and the clouds are the dust of his feet." El Shaddai would come, the mountains would melt, the earth would be destroyed at his presence when he came on the clouds. We know that Nineveh was destroyed, not by a literal coming of Jehovah out of heaven on the clouds, but by the invading armies of the Chaldeans and Medes in approximately 612 BC. Homer Hailey's book, A Commentary on the Minor Prophets, is a good commentary to study. Yet another though related concept of the coming with the clouds is the Messianic motif of Daniel. In Daniel 7 one like the Son of man is depicted as coming in the clouds of heaven. This concept of Messiah on the clouds was certainly one well known in the first century. For John to say in Revelation 1:7 that Jesus would come with the clouds was nothing less than an assertion of his Messianic role as the ruler of the kingdom of God. In his coming in the clouds he was exercising the sovereignty and demonstrating the majesty of deity so well known in the Old Covenant. The idea is not a literal coming with the clouds so much as an identifying factor of the one under consideration. He is to be viewed not just as man but the One, who, like Jehovah, rides on the clouds. The association of Jesus coming in the clouds then was a way for the Biblical writers to IDENTIFY Jesus, in a manner well known to those conversant with Old Testament symbolism, as God's Messiah, as the Judge, worthy of majesty and honor. This is precisely the thought Jesus was conveying to Caiaphas when he told him he would see him coming in the clouds. When Jesus said he was going to come in the clouds this was a claim to the Messianic office and divine nature; Caiaphas responded, "He has spoken blasphemy!" Caiaphas was not responding to a claim that Jesus would literally return on a physical cloud. He was responding to the IDENTITY which Jesus was claiming by associating himself as the one to come in the clouds of heaven! One final thought. We would note the New Testament TIME FRAME for the coming of Jesus in the clouds. Patently Jesus told Caiaphas he would see Jesus' return in the clouds. He did not say he would die and millenia later be resurrected to view the parousia. He was living and was told he would witness Jesus' return, which we hope is now understood to be the exercise of his Messianic sovereignty by an act of judgment. In Matthew 24:30-34 we are told emphatically that the disciples' generation would see the Son of Man coming in the clouds of heaven. Reader, how can the honest student of the word ignore such emphatic chronological parameters? How can we divorce Revelation 1:7 and the promise of the coming in the clouds, from Revelation 1:1-3 and the prediction it "must shortly come to pass" and was "at hand"? Summary: We have attempted to demonstrate that Revelation 1:7 has three distinct concepts behind it which mitigate against a futuristic interpretation. First, the Old Covenant backgound as applied by Jesus in Matthew 24 to the destruction of Jerusalem. Second, the coming in the clouds as an identifying factor. The one coming in the clouds was to be associated with sovereignty, majesty, and judgment. A literal coming was not envisioned. Thirdly, the emphatic time limitations of the text. John's vision was to "shortly come to pass"; Jesus said he was coming "quickly," 22:12. It is strange indeed that such a literalistic interpretation has been imposed on Revelation 1:7 when this violates not only the symbolic context of Revelation but the inspired interpretation (Matthew 24:30-34) of the source of the verse (Zechariah 12:10.) Let us be more careful students of the Word.

15. Member
    Ms, there are many comings of the lord in the old testament that used the exact language the writers of the N.T. used. There is no student of the bible who would disagree that those comings were real. Please read closely the language used. If you were a Jew in the first century, this language would be very familiar to you because your forefathers had used them, taught them and explained what we now call "apocalyptic language".

Judgment against EgyptEzekiel 32:7-8 And when I shall put thee out I will cover the heaven and make the stars thereof dark; I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon shall not give her light. All the bright lights of heaven will I make dark over thee.
    This is another good example of how the constellationan (heavens, sun and stars) where not literally darkening, but God was using another nation to judge Babylon. Judgment on BabylonIsaiah 13:9-11See, the day of the LORD is coming
    a cruel day, with wrath and fierce anger
    to make the land desolate r
    and destroy the sinners within it.
    10 The stars of heaven and their constellations
    will not show their light.
    The rising sun will be darkened
    and the moon will not give its light.

11 I will punish the world for its evil,
    the wicked for their sins.
    I will put an end to the arrogance of the haughty
    and will humble the pride of the ruthless.
    Here are some other examples- Joel 2:10 The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall trimble. The sun,moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdrawal their shining.
    Amos 8:9And it shall come to pass in that day saith the Lord God, that I will cause the sun to go down at noon, and I will darken the earth in a clear day
    Notice how when God was going to change ruler ship and come in judgment the same biblical language used in the old testament sounds just like end time bible prophecy that dispensationalists claim is for a future coming. Which they say is literal. It sure wasn't literal in the OT.
    Look at Josephs dream, his fathers and brothers were in ruler ship over him. Josephs Dad knew right away that he was not referring to the literal sun, moon and stars but referring to him and his brothers. That was Josephs Dad first clue that someday Joseph would rule over them. Sure enough when Joseph became 2nd only to Pharaoh in ruler ship he then ruled over the land & over his family.

16. Member
    Ms ,

you qoute Isiah 40

Please familiarize yourself with John the Baptist story ............................ John prepared the way ..................….Jesus came to give us the "Gospel" The Glory of the Lord has been seen by all people.

Matthew 11:7–14
    declares, “Jesus began to speak to the crowd about John: ‘What did you go out into the desert to see? A reed swayed by the wind? If not, what did you go out to see? A man dressed in fine clothes? No, those who wear fine clothes are in kings’ palaces. Then what did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I tell you, and more than a prophet. This is the one about whom it is written: “I will send my messenger ahead of you, who will prepare your way before you.” I tell you the truth: Among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been forcefully advancing, and forceful men lay hold of it. For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John. And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who was to come.’”

17. Member
    : Malachi 4:5-6
    “See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the Lord comes. He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse.”

Jesus said "And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who was to come"

That "Day" according to the writers of the N.T. was "at hand", "near" , "at the door", "about to ", "soon", "this generation will not pass away", "some standing here will not taste death", axe is at the root of the tree", " I am coming soon"

This is not difficult if you allow the bible to be read...…………without inserting preconceived ideas into the text which have been invented by men throughout the centuries.

18. Member
    I thought you said you posted your last. Hmmm.

I thought you said you agreed with my points 1,2, and 3. Hmmm

Is 40 has more than one application. Only God writes like that.

To all those reading, this gentleman has reneged (euphemism) on his word at least twice in this thread. Hmmm. I can post copies if you like. (Unless its been edited).

19. Member
    I said I would give you the last word...…………………….is the thread over ? I said I agreed with your three points...………….then you mumbled some other stuff to go along with those three points that made no sense at all upon which I said I DO NOT AGREE WITH IT.

I was chatting with Tarheel, you chimed in again...……………..I responded.

Is 40 does not have multiple applications unless you impose into the text. I don't impose anything on to the text...……..you do.

Thanks

20. Member
    Ms,

A little more exegesis and alot less ad hominen might be a great starter for you.

ad ho·mi·nem
    ˌad ˈhämənəm/
    adverb & adjective
    adverb: ad hominem; adjective: ad hominem

(of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.
    • ex·e·ge·sis
      ˌeksəˈjēsis/
      noun
      noun: exegesis; plural noun: exegeses

• critical explanation or interpretation of a text, especially of scripture.
        "the task of biblical exegesis"
        synonyms: interpretation, explanation, exposition, explication"the exegesis of ancient texts"

Last edited by godsdozer; 06-07-2018 at 08:43 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast