Spark plug question

So I was looking at the owners manual says to use a special wrench? So seeing as my boat did not come with said wrench what is the correct socket to use to remove the spark plugs? I tried my normal spark plug sockets and neither worked? Need to replace them soon please help!
    SEAGUAR

how many hours you got on it?

3. Member
    About 100.
    SEAGUAR

4. Member

USA

Is this a new engine? I have a 2004 200hp and after you remove the coil, you just use a regular spark plug socket and wrench.

Of course there is that ONE plug that you have to remove/loosen parts to get at the plug to remove it

Get an owners manual it will explain it all.

5. Member
    It's a 15 standard plug socket will not fit in the tube to the plug. So i was hoping someone could pint me in the right direction as to what size they use or if the use a thin wall socket or something .... Got a tournament this weekend and wanted to get these changed before but does not seem like that will happen
    SEAGUAR

6. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Did you try a 5/8 socket?
    You also have a spark plug tool in the tool kit that you put the wrench on and can remove/install them.

7. Member
    Don't have a tool kit, yes tried a 5/8 too thick would not fit found a tool at auto parts store that worked. I have a few pics of my spark plugs I can't seem to post
    SEAGUAR

8. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    The one that I had fail, I found it by hooking it up to a lawnmower and seeing that it wasn't firing, not scientific but it worked to show that the plug wasn't firing.

I use a socket to replace mine, and had no issue with it fitting, Let us know the results!!

9. Member
    I just replaced all of them so we will see what the boat runs like. If not good then to the shop it goes
    SEAGUAR

10. Member
    So the boat ran pretty good. Issue seems to be corrected atleast new plugs improved the problem. Thanks guys for the assistance.
    SEAGUAR