Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does these indoor antenna work

[IMG][/IMG]The 168.00 a month is killing me,,,,?RT

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Not as well as a rooftop antenna. That is basically the equivalent of rabbit ears.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

Mine work okay depending on the room. I need to figure out how to do one of the one antennae in the attic deal but haven't gotten that far. Def better than 168 a month when combined with a cord cutting service.
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

Depends on how close the TV stations towers are to you. I got rid of mine and put up a outdoor antenna that works 100 % better than the indoor antenna

Nope

No I would spend the extra and get this

https://www.walmart.com/ip/ClearStre...&wl13=&veh=sem

That is mounted in my attic and we pick up local channels in HD. We use sling TV for everything else.
    Garmin Stiker 7sv and 7cv
    2017 Crestliner VT17 - Mercury 60 4S

7. Member
    They pick up a couple of the Nashville locals here. I put up a good 70 mile antenna in the attic and get about 50 channels over the air and send them to all the tv's in the house with a booster. We use Amazon TV and or Sling for most everything else.

8. Member
    depends on where you're at and the landscape around you. If you're surrounded by trees or buildings it probably won't do much unless towers are close. A lot of good rooftop options out there. I'd check out amazon and read some reviews. Me personally, I had an antenna for local channels and really didn't like it. We signed up for Mediacom internet when we moved and got more data and local family package for the same price we were paying for internet before. Might check out sling or something like that also.

9. Member
    Didn’t work at camp....but set it up at home for when someone got sick and slept in the spare bedroom, surprisingly worked well and got 20+ channels.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Craft View Post
    Depends on how close the TV stations towers are to you. I got rid of mine and put up a outdoor antenna that works 100 % better than the indoor antenna
    This, you can search which angle to point the Antenna to pick up regional signals you prefer. I use one at my clubhouse and fortunately my power line opening through the woods aligns with a lot of signals coming out of St. Louis.
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

11. Banned
    Mine work fine, but I live just a few miles from the big city

12. Member
    I tried a similar one at my farm which is less than 5 miles to the north of you. It didn't work for me .

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ky-triton View Post
    I tried a similar one at my farm which is less than 5 miles to the north of you. It didn't work for me .
    You live down the road from Randy Neal, there at the big pond?

14. Member
    No. They work a little, but basically a waste of time.
    Sam

2022 Falcon F20 TE Hybrid - 250 Mercury Pro XS
    Not a pro - barely an average Joe!

They will pick up local stations. If you want one Rodney I'll mail you one we don't use anymore.
    Brad Whitaker
    whittyoutdoors.com --- Use code BBC5 at checkout for 5% off
    Whitty Outdoors handmade crankbaits

08 Stratos 201XL 250 HO E-tec
    05 Weld-Craft 1852 semi-v 115/80 Mercury jetdrive

Quote Originally Posted by rds_nc View Post
    Mine work okay depending on the room. I need to figure out how to do one of the one antennae in the attic deal but haven't gotten that far. Def better than 168 a month when combined with a cord cutting service.
    We havent cut the cord yet but we did trim it down from 145 a month to 73 a month and only lost 2 channels that we watch sometimes but oh well it isnt worth 70 more a month to see reruns of Married with children once a week
    2022 Xpress H17 - Yamaha SHO 90

17. Member
    I have a good attic antenna and get 30 channels from it 20 I don't watch LOL.

18. Member
    My neighbor just cut the cable service and put up an outdoor H.D. antenna and he get several local stations real good. We do live only a few miles from a shared t.v. transmission tower with a clear line of sight. If you don't need 200 cable channels its a great way to save a bunch of money.
    1987 Ranger 373V 150 Yamaha proV still going strong.

19. Member
    https://www.antennaweb.org/ Punch in this address and follow the instructions. Basically put your address in and they will tell you how many channels you could get. Tells you how far away they are and, I think, gives suggestions on what to buy based on your situation.

I've been trying to figure out a way to get WGN over antenna. Only cubs games I miss are when they play there cause Hulu doesn't stream them and I'm not paying an additional 30 a month for the directv streaming. Maps all show I'm in the low reception area for their tower but I think I'll try a roof option and see how it does.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast