hawk3034

Garmin 93sv and Ps 31 Panoptix

love them both, but the only decent cable is the power cable, it has a normal screw on tighten, the other 2 that come with it (2 piece) are junk in my opinion, will not really even tighten up like my lowrance 1 piece would, they need todo something about this, it cheapens a good outfit, if there is anything out there to improev on this ,please let me know

2. Member
    I think I know what you are complaining about. If not I have been wrong before or so my wife tells me. You want them to lock down so tight that you can't move them by hand.

Mine are the same way. Yet none of the connections transducer , ethernet have ever came loose. I am so used to cranking everything down mule strong tight. I had my doubts at first . But like I said never came loose or caused any kind of problem.
    Helix Mega 10 SI G2N , ILink
    Garmin 1040 XS / Garmin 1242 xsv with Panoptix Down VU PS 30 W/ GCV 10 networked with PS 31. Boat Rig

Echomap Ultra 106 SV with Livescope 12 . Ice Rig

3. Member
    I change things around quite a bit. Not daily but move or change something every week. After repeated tightenings they loosen up so much that they jump the threads when tightening. It's just at the point you would expect it to firm up. My first response was to buy a bunch and change them out as needed. Got tired of that. My most recent adjustment is to take a small cable tie and pull it tight around the cup. Takes out the slack and tightens up pretty good. Also has been holding up to repeated on and offs.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.