Any wood in the Sprint hull or deck

Hi Sprint owners I brought a second hand Sprint special edition pro 296 I see it says all composit hull so does that mean no wood? I am considering putting a trollmotor foot petal can in the deck just curious what I am dealing with.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmasterproteam View Post
    Hi Sprint owners I brought a second hand Sprint special edition pro 296 I see it says all composit hull so does that mean no wood? I am considering putting a trollmotor foot petal can in the deck just curious what I am dealing with.

I think it depends on the year it was made. My 1994 Pro 286 has the composite transom, but wood cockpit floor, and the front deck was wood, covered in a thin layer of fiberglass. When putting in the trolling motor foot tray, make sure you seal it well, or water will get under the lip and rot the wood that is underneath.
    USAF Retired 1981-2004
    Police Detective Retired 2004-2022

3. Member
    My 1999 has wood in some of the stringers but deck and transom are fiberglass. What wood that is in mine is wrapped in fiberglass.

4. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmasterproteam View Post
    What year model?

1999 Pro 296

6. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Starting in 98 they were using composites in the transom, fiberglass stringers,and something called XL50 anywhere wood would be used. Limited lifetime warranty against fungal decay,rot, even termites. of course the warranty is moot now but they were well built for the price point in their time.