Removing ZX202 from trailer

1999ZX202:
    I’d like to R&R my trailer and have seen a few tutorials for removing a boat from the trailer but since Skeeter boats are shaped a little differently, I’m not sure if someone has a bullet proof method of removing the boat temporarily..

i was was going to use two bottle jacks and a steel I-beam on the bottom of the jack plate and an engine hoist around the front at the eye bolt(with a strap through the eye bolt and lifting from above) remove trailer then shore it up..

ideas? Suggestions??

regards,
    karl

i didn’t see a thread for this but I very well could have missed it too- and I oppoligize if I did I fact miss this information:)
    Last edited by Kzaker; 04-23-2018 at 02:34 PM.

2. Member
    Hmm, I thought I replied to this but I guess the internet ate it. Here's the gist:

Seems risky putting it up on bottle jacks. One strong wind and poof, your boat is on the floor. Is it something where you can send a buddy to fish in it for a day and work on the trailer? Or maybe rent a slip for a weekend?
    Need a new bow step pad for your boat? Do what I did!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=712307

Are your boat seats trashed? Fix them yourself and save $1000!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=754944

SkeeterStew,

I don’t intend to leave it on the bottle jacks, my plan is to use that to get it off of the trailer. After the trailer is out from under the boat, I can use concrete blocks and 2x10’s. It’s on a new, level pad of concrete so I’m not worried about it tipping off once it’s on “blocks”. There are a ton of videos and tutorials for boats 20’+ and that’s how it’s done but Skeeter has those stretched sponsons where traditionally would allow a person to block at that location first, but because of them, the only place for initial contact is on the jack plate. I know that Skeeter displays their boats at the factory suspended by the transom alone and although I DO NOT plan to do that, I feel confident that the transom and the front of the boat should be enough to remove the trailer.... SOMEONE on here who owns a Skeeter surely has done this before:). I had never thought of doing trailer work like this but after seeing a ton of people doing it, I now believe that it isn’t as uncommon as many believe (or at least myself). Plenty of people remove their boats from the trailers for winter and leave it up on blocks for months on end, year after year... I just need a few days.

Worse come to worse, I would have to find somewhere to dock it for a day or two but that’s not ideal in my book.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kzaker View Post
    SkeeterStew,

I don’t intend to leave it on the bottle jacks, my plan is to use that to get it off of the trailer. After the trailer is out from under the boat, I can use concrete blocks and 2x10’s. It’s on a new, level pad of concrete so I’m not worried about it tipping off once it’s on “blocks”. There are a ton of videos and tutorials for boats 20’+ and that’s how it’s done but Skeeter has those stretched sponsons where traditionally would allow a person to block at that location first, but because of them, the only place for initial contact is on the jack plate. I know that Skeeter displays their boats at the factory suspended by the transom alone and although I DO NOT plan to do that, I feel confident that the transom and the front of the boat should be enough to remove the trailer.... SOMEONE on here who owns a Skeeter surely has done this before:). I had never thought of doing trailer work like this but after seeing a ton of people doing it, I now believe that it isn’t as uncommon as many believe (or at least myself). Plenty of people remove their boats from the trailers for winter and leave it up on blocks for months on end, year after year... I just need a few days.

Worse come to worse, I would have to find somewhere to dock it for a day or two but that’s not ideal in my book.
    Ahh. Well it still sounds really scary when it's your boat up there. I hope someone chimes in and gives you a hand. Any chance you have a friend that lives on the lake and you could just tie up to his house? Come to think of it, you might try the NY fishing forum and find someone with a ton of posts, on the lake, and with a friendly disposition to tie up outside of his place for a week. When we lived on the water when I was a kid we used to have buddies come visit on their boat all the time and just tie up on the "beach" (mud flat). Nobody ever bothered them and of course they were far enough up that they couldn't float off.

Unless you're bent on doing the bottle jack thing I think that's a good alternative.
    Need a new bow step pad for your boat? Do what I did!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=712307

Are your boat seats trashed? Fix them yourself and save $1000!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=754944

lol. Not in love with either idea. Hell; I laughed when you asked if someone could take my boat out fishing for the day! That seems to be the least likely scenario!

Its easy and safe. Just take your time! I use a floor jack as it just quicker than a bottle jack. I’ve done this to my Skeeter and a 25ft Mako.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

���� I just figured two bottle jacks spread apart 18” or so would be a little more stable. Like I said: seen it done enough on videos but most boats have a different hull design and are simply easier to block up.

Thanks for the i put Ifishinxs!

8. Member
    If you can rig a way to lift it from above, I used a nylon strap and two small chain hoists. Blocked up the back of the boat and just lifted the boat up in the front. Pulled the trailer right out.

Yeah, I don’t have anything overhead to lift from. I’ll keep calculation:)