Thread: AVX189 Photos

AVX189 Photos

2018 is picking up steam. It’s already the last full week of April and our team i working hard on the ‘Reserve My Vexus’ orders. Thanks again for all the calls and questions related to our product line. Now that a few Vexus™ models are starting to be seen at boat ramps across the country, even more folks are getting a first-hand look at these truly innovative designs. Even though they’re available at a fraction of the cost of glass, the look, feel, ride, handling, fishability, storage, and overall space in these aluminum rigs far exceeds anything in its class.
    Starting at $25,795, the all-new AVX189 is making a splash of its own. We had a chance to take one out last week (we’ll be sharing video walk-throughs in a few days) and wanted to pass along some highlights in today’s post. Rated for 115hp, this 18’ 7” platform will run in the upper 40’s with multiple folks on board and the high-performance pad hull is built to eat rough water. Drop the trolling motor and it continues to Shine in the Shallows™. From price to performance, the 189 is full of advantages. Check out even more details on this budget-friendly machine by scrolling the page on this link…

Another incredible start to the day.

The high performance AVX pad hull is engineered for a smooth, responsive ride.

Smooth, hydraulic steering is standard on the AVX189.

The 189 is built for solid tracking and easy maneuverability.

The front deck includes huge storages with compression latches.

The cockpit seating of the 189 includes a choice of configuration options, including center fold-down seat with step, center storage and step, and an open step as shown here.

We spotted more than fish on our last outing.

https://vexusboats.com/boats/model/2/avx189

Attached Images Attached Images

"Success is never owned, it is rented, and the rent is due every day."

2. Member
    No recessed TM pedal as standard?

3. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Hi Tim - it is an option . This is the first boat we built and we wanted to show it both ways. Thanks for your question.

Last edited by sclark; 05-24-2018 at 08:32 PM.

4. #FRB
    Love how there's space on the port side of the front deck to lay rod butts without interfering with the compartment lid. I hate having rods in the way and rarely have to strap them down anyway so they stay with butts on the end of the front deck and tips resting on the back deck (unless there's someone fishing back there, lol). The 189 will probably be my next rig or whatever model is similar to it but that's at least 10 years away since my current tin rig is only 2 years old and would like to milk most of the trouble free life out of it. It is a Tracker so time will tell how many good years it has in it.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

5. Member
    any pics of the recessed on the 189 to see how the foot pedal lays out with tool holders, and what not. thanks. I am assuming it will not have the flush mounted graph option like the 1980
    Jeremy
    Texas A&M \'99

6. Member
    Wondering why this boat isn't rated for a 150? (2 X (18.58 X 7.83)) - 90 = 200.96...seems like you could have even rated it for a 200, no?

7. idbefishing
    Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    Wondering why this boat isn't rated for a 150? (2 X (18.58 X 7.83)) - 90 = 200.96...seems like you could have even rated it for a 200, no?
    I'm guessing it's a package thing and a 200 will be available later with the release of a new model. It would have the same dimensions but with a few more standard options and a 200 hp motor. Similar to what Phoenix has with their model line up.

Or, maybe when the glass version of this same exact model (higher price) comes out, it will have a 150.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    I'm guessing it's a package thing and a 200 will be available later with the release of a new model. It would have the same dimensions but with a few more standard options and a 200 hp motor. Similar to what Phoenix has with their model line up.

Or, maybe when the glass version of this same exact model (higher price) comes out, it will have a 150.
    I guess package it with whatever motor you want but at least the rating gives you the ability to upgrade. It's a good looking boat that looks to be laid out pretty nicely but at 18'7" I don't know too many guys that'd be happy running "in the upper 40's". A 150 is only a couple grand more at most.