Question Lithium battery for Electronics

Got to do it ,tired of being nervous about running out of juice at the end of a tournament day. I'm looking for a lithium battery and charger to run 2 carbon 9s, 2 carbon 12s,hydrowave and any additional led deck light I will install in the near future. Has anyone done this? Who should I talk to,most battery web sites are so vague its difficult to figure out what is available and how much it costs. Thanks

2. Member
    Im running 2 onix 8s 1 onix 10 and a solix 12 and a 360.. i do use the standby on the solix . I have 100ah relion and it does great.as long as a run the outboard a few times during the day i never see less then 12.8v. the problem im having is starting my 3l merc on cold mornings.
    Fished 1 tournament with that battery so far i sat in 1 area for 8 hrs. Ran 2 graphs all day with livewell pumps on auto.. voltage dropped to 12.3 v it fired the merc right up. That was all after it would not start on a 30 deg morning.
    If your not running a merc i think youll be good, if you are id be asking alot of questions from the litium co your getting the batteries from..

3. BBC SPONSOR
    we have a 110 amp battery that will work fine with all the electronic loads. you can check it out on lithiumpros.com

4. Member
    Thanks bud I want the light weight of litium if I need to add a 5th battery

5. Member
    Just went to a 100hp from relion. Much better power all around at the dash and bow. Plus with the loss of weight it is like adding HP to the main motor..

Got mine from Bill at Relion bscheich@relionbattery.com Tell him Andrew Sent you and he should be more then willing to help you out. Price was very right for lithiums, Time Frame was a little long so plan ahead a bit on the order.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Thanks bud I want the light weight of litium if I need to add a 5th battery
    I did just that. Added a 5th Lithium battery, Relion 50 amp. It runs my electronics. Only 16lbs.

7. Member
    How many units does the 50 run and for how long

8. Member
    Two units, and I don't know how long because I've never run them down. I suspect it would take at least a week to run them down. If each unit draws an amp, that alone would be 25 continuous hours of run time, or 3+ fishing days.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LithiumProsJoe View Post
    we have a 110 amp battery that will work fine with all the electronic loads. you can check it out on lithiumpros.com
    That battery is almost double the price of the relion will it reliably start a merc in cold weather?

10. Banned
    my 100ah relion starts my hpdi, even in cold weather, and runs 2 solix 15's, 360, live wells, bilge pumps, led lights, radio, etc for a normal tourney day and it barely phases it

11. Member
    I agee with that.. its just that first start of the day for me

12. Member
    Update, i removed my motor cables from my master switch and ran them directly to my battery..my motor fired no problem yesterday at 27 deg. Ran all my electronics all day at 12.8 v..

13. Member
    That was with the relion rb 100 hp battery..

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    my 100ah relion starts my hpdi, even in cold weather, and runs 2 solix 15's, 360, live wells, bilge pumps, led lights, radio, etc for a normal tourney day and it barely phases it
    are you running the HP or the regular rb-100?
    2014 Xpress X-19 Pro Yammy VMAX 175 HDPI

15. Member
    Troy is not on the forum anymore. If it is the starter it has to be the HD or you will have issues
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Troy is not on the forum anymore. If it is the starter it has to be the HD or you will have issues

I hear that but I see many people with the regular 100 happy as can be. I got the batteries in a smoking deal from the company I work for so could not pass them up. New in the box. I guess I will have to give it a try when I finish my hitch.

17. Member
    The BMS on the rb 100 Hs a 200 amp max limit for discharge. The HD has an 800 amp max. Your motor under cold temps might need more than 200 to turn over. Great price though! Bob��
    Actual cutoff is 280 for the 100 and 1000 amps for the Hs.
    Last edited by bobcoy; 10-07-2019 at 08:34 AM.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

18. Member
    I am going to try and contact relion and see if they will exchange one and I pay the difference, if not going to run with it. I live in Louisiana so not to many cold mornings