Carcal in the rain.

Caracal, you would think I could spell the name of my boat.

I drove to the lake yesterday in heavy rain, fished all day in the pouring rain, and drove home in the rain. All my dry storage was dry. Not a thing was wet that I had not taken out of a compartment for some reason. All I did was keep the auto bilge on and every time I was ready to move I would hit the manual bilge to get the water out. I was impressed with how dry things were after some of the stories I have seen posted on here.

Also, I bought some goggles off Amazon a while back from a company called Fuel Optics. The cost was $20 delivered to my door. I used those yesterday while moving around in the rain and they did an excellent job. I could see clearly as the rain just rolled off like with Rainx. One of the best buys I have made in a while.

2. Member
    Except for my older 98 Jag, none of my newer model BCB's would leak water in the lockers.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Ieeping the water out of the bilge keeps the sump from jettisoning it to the bow when you stop. That’s where most of the water comes from. Imagine a pickup truck bed liner with water in it.

4. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I've had 4 BassCats, none of them ever had any leaks into the compartments other than my Caracal. It leaked water into the rod locker when I first got it. I tightened the latch a bit and that stopped the leak.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

I had minor water intrusion. I had a few loose latches. Its worth giving the two screws on the bottom of each fixture a turn or two. And I get the water splashing to the front like bcb described. It can put a small amount into your rod locker as the nose is open to that area. You have to keep that bilge in check on take offs, just click the pump out on/off a second. If you forget, you will know, that center floor drain looks like a whale surfacing in your floor boards!
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"