To go up or to go down?

I am currently running a vmax 150 w/ a 23p on a 97 R82 with newly added 12’ talons. Prior to install boat got about 65mph with a 25p and to be honest not sure the RPM. (New to boat ownership so now learning the true importance) after the install of talons I could not get out of the hole what so ever causing me to drop to a 23p. Problem solved of getting out of the hole, just now only get up to 50 mph and engine is racing at 6100 rpms. Current pad height is 3.5 inches.
    Question is, do I go down with the manual jack plate and keep the 23p or do I raise the jack plate and put the 25 back on?

Send the 23 to Mark for a balance and blue print, pitch it up to a 24 to get your rpms down and tuned a little for better holeshot.

You may want to consider adding a foil on that motor to help with the holeshot!
    Just can't leave well enough alone!!

98 Stratos 273 w/ 150 Faststrike

4. Member
    24p 4blade? might get your hole shot and get you back to speed and keep rpms down where they need to be. Also distributing some weight up front will help offset the added weight to transom? Just thought's and ideas