Thread: Z19 Co-angler

Z19 Co-angler

Does anyone else have a problem with the rod holders for the co-angler fitting with the seat in the way in the slots closest to center console(the holes on the right)? The 3 holes on the left are ok but the ones on the right make you almost bend the rods to get them to sit right under the bungee. Is like this on other Z- series? I rode in a z-21 last year and don't remember this being a problem.

2. Member
    I agree, the port seat could use to come over another 2 inches. Rods don't line up well, they cover the drink holder, and the hold down bungie location bends the rods slightly. Luckily none of this affects me.
    2017 Nitro Z21
    2017 250 Pro XS T2 (SN 2B401909)
    Bravo 1XS 26P
    BMS 12" Action Jack
    Ultrex 112# - Solix 12 - 12' Talons

Club: lunkersunlimited.net

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bison2312 View Post
    I agree, the port seat could use to come over another 2 inches. Rods don't line up well, they cover the drink holder, and the hold down bungie location bends the rods slightly. Luckily none of this affects me.
    Yea, pretty much all those things. On point with the bungee too. I actually drilled holes in the gunwale wall and put a different bungee raised off the floor so it would not bend rods. Its helps a bunch but that seat....I mean really? They didn't test that before putting in the rod holders? Kinda baffling.

4. Member
    They don't line up, but bending fishing rods sounds like what there designed to do lol? I bend mine on every fish haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Phil 4:19 2018 Nitro Z19, 200Pro Xs, Lowrance, Minnkota

5. Member
    Don't push the butt end of the rods all the way into the holes. Just partially. They will fit better. That's what I have my partner do in mine.

Yes...... Same problem on my 2017... The only thing I really don't like about the layout....
    It is happening because of the seat size, imo.... Could be fixed by just a different seat back width or moving it over a little.....
    Last edited by KCLOST; 05-04-2018 at 10:50 AM.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team