Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Never said your full of crap, just said and will repeat, for most folks that can’t sell every time the warranty is about to expire, don’t have 18k laying around for when their motor pops, isn’t worried about 5 mph on WFO.

You have spent and probably lost more money in the last few years on boats and motors then most folk couldn’t even imagine, and for what 10 mph!!

If you have the disposable income that you can do that more power to you, I have one in college and one going in a few years, I want a engine that I know would last me a life time, which is why I bought my first Honda in 2004 that is still running on my Old Xpress X19.

This is the second time you have brought up finances...What I do with my money shouldn't concern you...Why is that even up for discussion? Why is that even relevant? This has nothing to do with your kids in school...I'm only stating my personal experience with the motor...Hopefully, I can help someone not make the same mistake I made...Stay on topic here...The point of this thread is performance but you and others have strayed off course...I never said the Honda wasn't a quality motor that would last you a very long time...I've agreed with you and others time and time again...It's not really a big deal...It is what it is...The Honda isn't a performance motor...For someone who doesn't care about top end, hole shot, and acceleration...The Honda will be a great motor and last a very very long time...What else I can I say? I'm not a Honda hater...I wouldn't have bought one in the first place if I was.

3. Member
    After owning and running many different boat and hull designs going even as far back as the old school PROCRAFT days with the Bill Dace special LOL I have found the Phoenix 721 to be my preferred boat of choice.

I test drove this boat with two different outboards the Evinrude and the PRO XS. I have owned this same boat hull combination now with both a Honda and a Yamaha SHO. The only configuration that I have not run it with is the Suzuki 250ss. I can say for sure I could not with this boat get any performance result 5mph + or- with the same load. If you are getting 8, 10 or 12 mph swings from the fastest brand 250 to the slowest brand 250, you either have one of them propped wrong or did not test with equal loads or conditions.

Like I said in a reply above the point of this post is not to split the atom over what outboard is the fastest because it is not. However the point is to say that this outboard runs on 87 octane "SHO needs 89", requires no two cycle oil "needed for pro xs and G2", has a no charge 5 year warranty "up charge for SHO and pro XS" not to mention by far the quietest and most reliable of the bunch, at maybe 5mph MAX off the fastest of the bunch.
    Last edited by GEEBASS2000; 05-04-2018 at 10:57 PM.

4. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Jeff you can do what ever you would like with your money, most would rather not be spending it if we don’t have to on something that should last. That’s all I’m saying. I would rather be shoving it in savings and not new trucks and boats!!

5. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    We hit 48 @6000 rpms with 6 adults 50 gal fuel and 2 coolers full 27 ft of playcraft pontoon hole shot was so good the couple with us about freaked out . Iam very impressed with my Honda 250 alone with everyone that ride in it .Havent seen any 250s running faster.

6. Member
    Just out of curiosity isn't there any performance upgrades for the Honda ( possibly from the automotive side ) ?

There are alot of rice rocket guys out there souping up their Honda's LOL

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by usblitzz View Post
    Just out of curiosity isn't there any performance upgrades for the Honda ( possibly from the automotive side ) ?

There are alot of rice rocket guys out there souping up their Honda's LOL
    Outboards must be total stock for tournament use.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123