Champion Pedestal Adapters/ Bushings

I have a 93 Champion 204DX both power pedestals are bad. Springfield says these pedestal were special and there are no replacements. Does anyone know of a adapter or bushing that will convert the existing deck holes to standard 3/4" pedestals.

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    My 93 201 had Taper Lock pedestals and bases. Do you have any pix?

3. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Welcome!

If your pedestal bases are Taper locks, Bass Pro Shops used to carry adapters for them. Hopefully, they still do.

4. Member
    THX ... I ordered one....we'll see. Tried to attach a pic but couldn't get it to post.

5. Member
    Thx

6. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Here's a shot of Jeff's pedestal bottom. The plastic certainly looks similar to a Taper Lock, but I've never seen one with the pin and ball lock on the bottom. Jeff, can you send me a shot of the base in your deck?

Attached Images Attached Images

7. Member
    Thanks again....unfortunately Springfield has been NO help...No suggestions...so I will figure this out and let the community know what I come up with...BTW even tho I live in CA Im a Texan.

8. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Bass Pro refers to their pedestals as "Wedge", but they call the adapter Taper Lock. They looked just like those in my 1990 176, and the adapter fit my base just fine.
    Last edited by Lea; 04-24-2018 at 01:13 PM.

9. Member
    Thank you, I but the Taper Lock 3/4" adapter and find some way to make it work.

10. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Let us know how it goes!!! Glad you joined us!!!

11. Member
    Update ... if you trim off the locking tab and the guide tab the adapter fits perfectly so you can literally use any 3/4" device...bad news the adapter does not fit flush with the deck (sticks up about a 1/4") ... better news is you can take any taper lock pedestal, trim off the lock and tab and it will fit. I probably get the ones with the 3/4" tit on the bottom so I can drill and pin it if possible.