Thread: Trim Issue

Trim Issue

Needing some help with an issue I had with my trim yesterday during a tournament. I do not have the serial off the engine but if it's needed I can get it but it's a 2009 250 pro xs. The issue I had was when I went to trim it down to take off and it would not trim down at all from any of the switches (4 total) but it would trim up with no problems. I kept messing with the blinker trim while idling back to the ramp and finally it went back to working and had no other issues the rest of the day. Could there possibly be a relay for the trim that's trying to go out and if so where is it located?

2. Member
    There are 3 relays...2 for trim and 1 for fuel pump. Mine are right below the ecm...I always carry a spare

3. Member
    Mine does it also I have yet to replace the relay yet but I always take the hood cowl off and you’ll feel it click and I’ll usually take ally pliers and tap it to get it back to working I’ve had to do it multiple times to get me back and i always forget to order one when I get home it done it to me one day with 5 mins to be back at the ramp and I had the winning sack that if I wouldn’t have figured that out it would have sucked!!