1996 Pantera Classic Livewel Pump Help

Went to check livewell pump today as its finally spring here and my toghle switch lights up but the pump doesnt run. It looks like its one of those pumps the just twists then pips out but can’t seem to get it out. Could anyone please tell me what replacement pump I meed to order and how to replace?

Thanks!
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

2. Member
    Pretty sure they are Rule cartridge pumps, maybe 750's.

Mines got a Yellow housing but the top part is black and looks like this...it also has the mechanism attached to it that I believe opens and closes the livewells

In 96 they were probably Mayfair 750gpm pumps, since you said it was yellow. As long as you remember to work the locking tab before turning it should just pull up. If it's never been out it could be a little sticky. Replaced most of my original 750s I had with 1000gpm.

Cartridges from BCB
    http://www.basscatstore.com/pumpcartridge.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by cd4th View Post
    In 96 they were probably Mayfair 750gpm pumps, since you said it was yellow. As long as you remember to work the locking tab before turning it should just pull up. If it's never been out it could be a little sticky. Replaced most of my original 750s I had with 1000gpm.

Cartridges from BCB
    Thank You! I wasn't aware of a locking tab and hence likely why I could only turn it 1/8" max....

The 1,000 GPH should fit right into 750 GPH Canister correct?

Fit just fine in the housings when I had my 96 PII. You can see the lock tab just above the outlet in your picture above.

Appreciate the help Curt! Have been lucky enough to never have to replace one of these pumps before. (My old Skeeter required gas tank removal to access pump). Thankfully the Cat is super simple!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cd4th View Post

Cartridges from BCB
    That's the ones.