Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    so in that case Fidgetcranker is probably on the right track with a 26 for a stock 250
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

2. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    so in that case Fidgetcranker is probably on the right track with a 26 for a stock 250

3. Member
    I'm finally going to try the 24 fury 4 I've got laying around tomorrow. I suspect the hole shot will break my neck but it will probably have too much bow lift and be all over the limiter. If it runs how I suspect I will see about trading it for a 26 bravo.

I'm running a 2011 721 w/ 250 SHO and a T1 25 that was blueprinted by Mark Croxton. That made a big difference. Atlas 10" jackplate. Running 77.1 at 6000 rpms. SHOs definitely like to run high. When I first started seeing comments regarding the SHO making oil; I called Jr Slagle (nightbasser) about it and he instructed me to drop the nose down and run it hard with short rests in between. Did that and ran around 55 mph with the nose buried. this was before my 20 hour breakin. Never had an issue with it making oil. He stated that for the four strokes; I had to seat the rings and that was the best way to heat it up for them to seat properly. Two weeks ago, took it into a local Yamaha dealer for service (oil change and water pump replacement) and the mechanic said everything looked good with no sign of oil or milky mix in it. I have the water pump changed every two years whether it needs it or not....

5. Member
    There 2 ways to seat the rings, full throttle runs for 5 minutes max. And full throttle blast off. Then let it cool off a little at half throttle for 10 minutes, and go again. Whether that is in a boat or a car. But then you have to put up with people who think you're following them if you get off plane out from where they are fishing, and blast off again. Had one guy said I was following him when I did that. But he was already fishing there when I came along, so how could I have been following him if I was coming up the lake, and he'd been fishing there for over a half hour? Some people. LOL.

Oh, and a couple guys in a non bass boat at the dock when I was going home knew what I was doing circling the lake so many times, so not all bass fishermen are the smart ones. :-)
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

6. Member
    Let me know if you want to sell that 24 Fury. For some of my elevations it would probably be good. I have a 25 RX4 I just picked up that I am going to try as soon as the hub gets here next week. Currently running a 25T2 on 2015 721 & 250 SHO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12