93 Evinrude intruder VE175GLETR no spark

I posted the other day about no crank issue. I've got it narrowed down to a wire broke from the ignition switch to the motor which I'm tracing down now. I've purchased a remote starter to turn my engine over however I'm not getting spark on any cylinder. Could the broke wire be my problem or do I have other issues?

2. Member
    Yellow wire with red stripe is the one that is broken somewhere between the ignition and the motor.

3. Member
    Yellow wire with red stripe supplies the voltage to the starter solenoid with the key in start position, also supplies voltage to the power pack to make spark until the motor runs fast enough to take over making charge coil voltage. You can test the wire from the power pack connector and from the solenoid to the key switch. Are you sure that it's not the switch? That would be the highest probability.

4. Member
    Yes I am 100% positive it's not the switch I have power at the switch but not at the solenoid. I just bought the boat last Monday and while installing new electronics I believe I broke the wire inside the hull somewhere. Also I can't seem to locate the power pack on this motor. Where is the general location? Thanks for the reply

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    It is behind the coils on the back of the motor. You need to take the cover off that say OIS ignition.

6. Member
    With the key in start position, you have voltage on the yellow with red stripe wire terminal?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 316jughead View Post
    With the key in start position, you have voltage on the yellow with red stripe wire terminal?
    Yes. I repaired the broken wire. Problem solved

8. Member
    Great job!