I pinched/cut the US2 cord on my Terrova! Now what?

Newer version Terrova, got it Feb 2017

Can I replace this myself? Is the connection in the head? Or is this a job for a repair shop!

2. Member
    Sounds like you cut the extension cable. It connects in the head to the cable that goes down to the transducer in the foot. 2211410 $20.00 + shipping.

3. Member
    If it’s the extension cable, it’s not hard at all.

I screw the few screws underneath the head and you will be able to access the connection. I’d unhook and re book up the cable quite often on my old unit depending on if I needed the front unit or not.

4. Member
    No, I cut the main ducer cable.

5. Member
    Well first you need to fully explain your setup. Can't answer your question with partial info. Explain your setup. Internal or external transducer?

6. Member
    Alright. The main US2 cable is inside the shaft. How did you cut that?

The extension cable is the piece that runs from the head of the TM and attaches to the graph via an adapter/dongle.

Could you please explain how/where you cut the cable or possibly post a pic?

7. Member
    Ok, I have the new Terrova, with internal transducer, connected to my front 859 Humminbird, it was cut about 12” outside the head of the trolling motor.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by semomike View Post
    Ok, I have the new Terrova, with internal transducer, connected to my front 859 Humminbird, it was cut about 12” outside the head of the trolling motor.
    Alright. There is about 12" that hangs outside the head with a connector. So you cut the cable above the connector that is used to attach the extension cable?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by semomike View Post
    Then you cut the extension cable. The main cable is in the trolling motor, stopping in the head area. The extension cable connects to it and is the cable you see that runs to your transducer connector / adaptor on your unit.

On an Ultrex, it is similar, the main cable hangs out just a few inches where you can see the extension cable connect to it.

10. Member
    As said above, in the Terrova the extension cable connects to the main cable in the head of the motor. Unscrew the head and you'll see the connection - same connection as the adapter. On the Ultrex, the main cable hangs about 6" down into the coil cord and you can see the connection without removing the top.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]