Verado jumping starter battery

So I have a couple of questions. Bought a Nitro bass boat and ordered with a Verado 300. It came with a agm optima blue top 24 model which is 66 amp hr 800cca 1000mca. All the boats accessories are rigged to this battery. I run a couple HDS graphs and live wells etc and so far have not had any issues with battery. Honesty I feel like it’s on the smaller side of capacity but def have no problems with losing power or starting motor. Should I wait to change it out?

Second question is I ordered an option to have a emergency start blue seas system put in and it’s purpose is to jump the motor off of one of my lead acid trolling motor batteries (I have 3xsrm 29 for 36v tm). It got me thinking, can the Verado even be jumped off one of those batteries? I think cca is 675. Basically I don’t want to be stuck out there someday relying on my emergency switch when it may not work. Can I try to jump /use the tm battery? Would it cause any damage to motor? Don’t want to risk it without asking you experts. I’m sure somebody here has used a trolling motor battery to jump the motor? Thanks!

reason is I am looking to replace my lead acid trolling. And agm cranking with a 36v 40 amp (has a 12v post for emergency starts) for tm and a 80a (1200 cca) or 110a (1500 cca) cranking lithium and want to make sure I do it right

thanks!

2. Member
    I have been running that setup (LithiumPros) for more than 2 yrs (170 hrs) with no issues. 2016 350 Verado on a 24 Ft Carbon Fiber bay boat, a Morada 24 CF, built by IslaMorada Boatworks. 2 batteries total weight of 80 lbs v 5 AGMs weighing in at around 350 lbs. So a big boy, 270 lbs, in weight savings.

Anyhow, I spoke with LitPro when I put together my build sheet and also spoke with an OEM boat builder that has done over 50 LitPro setups like this.

Here is my simple schematic. In addition to the small Perko type switch shown, the TM has a main breaker / switch as does the Verado and 12 v components via a traditional Perko. Those last 2 items are not shown in the schematic, but are on my boat as that is fairly standard.

So far, I have not needed to jump the big motor. FYI, I run a Simrad NSS12 Evo2, JL amp with 4 JL 880s, VHF radio, fresh water wash down and livewell. Hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Member
    Thanks for that diagram! That’s basically how I pictured the model but your diagram is way better than anything I could have drawn up haha. I know I messaged you but honestly I am very curious to see if that 36v has enough juice in that 12v post to get our verados started Incase we ever needed to use that Perko because I know vrods require good amount of juice. Also I think the 80 amp may be enough for your need and mine but of course 110 is a good insurance policy.