Thread: KLR 650 Tires?

KLR 650 Tires?

Time for some tires on a 98 KLR 650. I'm looking at somewhere in the ballpark of 75 street, 25 gravel roads. Does any one have any suggestions? I've read up, but it's still kinda confusing to me. There will be a passenger most of the time, so I'm sure that's a factor. I don't want the cheapest tire, but a high dollar tire doesn't always guarantee quality either. Also, can you mount a tire that is specified tubeless, on a rim not set up for that, but slap a tube in it?

Any real world input would be great to help me keep my butt off the pavement. Thanks.

Ron

Seems to be a few recommendations on you tube. Several videos talking about tires for that bike..
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...81FE&FORM=VIRE

3. Member
    Hope to go check out a 2016 KLR today. I’ve been looking for a good reliable 4,000 bike. From the pics the guy that has it went with tires that lean more toward off road. He says he bought it from a local dealership after an older guy who bought it new traded it back in. The original owner had put street tires on it. The guy that owns it right now has put a few thousand in luggage, fairing upgrades etc... and now wants a BMW GS. If I get it I’ll be 75 street and maybe 25 dirt road etc...

This particular bike has about 13,500 miles on it.