Underwater lights

If a guy was thinking about taking a drill to his bass boat, to put underwater lights on ether side of the live well pick-ups. Would you say he’s been drinking? .....Or needs a beer? Before he goes to it?
    what would you do? Mount them Neatly down there? And drill the hull? Or put them on the jack plate or something?
    i see a lot of pro installs going on and through the hull.
    2017 Puma FTD
    250 Pro XS
    lowrance gen 3, 9 and 12
    Ultrex 112 36v 45”

2. Member

I believe I would put mine on the jack plate. Drill and tap.
    If your going to drill the hull. keep in mind, that if the light breaks for any reason, your filling up your bilge.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

The Premium models started coming with White wake lights in 2018. These do not conflict with the white stern running lights. The Lynx also has two (2) added LED safety light bars on the rear step area.

I install a lot of Bluewater LEDs for customers. Most cases I will not mount straight to the boat. On bass boats I mount to the jackplate. Even ski boats and runabouts I try not mount to the boat.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

5. Member
    Can I get a picture of the white wake lights on 2018? To see how they do it?
    2017 Puma FTD
    250 Pro XS
    lowrance gen 3, 9 and 12
    Ultrex 112 36v 45”

6. Member
    I checked the lynx at the bham boat show. The light was mounted in the center or so of the jackplate on the hull. Not sure if the wires were run through the hull or up the back with the temp probe. I like the light as well. Though i believe i would use it more for light when loading and unloading after and before daylight with straps and such. I have not seen these lights offered in the bcb store yet. Though im sure with a call to parts they can be bought.
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

They would have them for sale, though they have not yet as intensity is not as high as some want. The aftermarket lights that are bright are also very expensive.