Why are 520vx's some of the "best"?

I read a lot about the 520vx hull being some of the best ever built. Just wondering why everyone thinks that? I currently own an 05 520vx that I've had for eight years. My regular partner has a 2016 520c that blows away just about any and everything about my rig, in my opinion. Space, storage, and ride for sure. Thinking of selling mine this fall to buy an 520c or L but have second thoughts everytime I hear good things about the older boats. Just wondering so please give me your opinions. Thanks!

a lot of people are nostalgic, on the key board but if someone offer them a vx for there c, no way would they do it....
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Banned
    My new L has some similar feel To those older 520’s, especially deeper rear deck....that said so far I love it....and you should consider a G2 as it is a beast

4. wsimpson
    I believe it’s simply a function of value (function and price) and at the risk of being declared a heretic, believe they are actually increasing in relative value not unlike like older, desirable autos or the Curade e7’s for example...

520vx is a desirable hull because it was the best of it's time 1999-2007. Critics of Ranger said "slow, not sleek, yada,yada" Others had to play catch up. Skeeter, Bass Cat, Nitro, Triton,
    ect. all made their boats wider, especially at the bow. Just my opinion. Back that up with quality of construction, great cust. support, great trailers.
    Just bought a 2000 520dvx. Looked at Champs,Bass Cats, Chargers, Triton TR21, 1999 519dvx. The 520DVX was head and sholders above in bow fish-ability.
    New Bass Cats, TRX, FXs all went to a wider front deck but they were out of my price range. Haven't given up my Carado Es and Chronarch Es either.
    2000 Ranger 520DVX 225hpdi

20-25K for a damn near 20 year old boat....about says it all if you ask me.

7. Member
    I have spent time is a 520Vx and a Z520c. I have also owned a 519vx and a Z519. Other than layout and rod box size that change with time, the 500vx series just flat out fish better with the TM down than the Z series. The wind just has less impact on the 500vx series. Today's hulls are so much more efficient in the water which can be a negative influence when fishing with the wind.

8. Member
    I've owned nine different model Rangers, including a 520vx and 520C. Of all nine, these two are my favorites with the C slightly ahead of the VX. Think the VX was faster with a Rude HO 225 but the C is everything a fisherman could want in a fishing boat, storage, comfort, rough water ride and looks. Like said above, don't think I would trade my C for a VX but it's still awesome boat and was way ahead of it's competition. IMO!