Running hot-maybe

Fished all day today and ran couple miles. Twice I heard an alarm. Thinking it was running hot, I shut motor off. Started right back with no issues. Same thing has happened before. Does not happen every time out. 2013 250 SHO

Not or sure what's going on.

Thoughts?

2. Member
    Check the owners manual for the alarm meanings. Water in fuel filter or overheating I think are the two alarms you get. Do yo have a jack plate and are you running it up at high speeds? Reason I asked I idled out of a stump field with my jack plate raised pretty high and took off down the lake. After running it for about 10 minutes or so wide open, I got an alarm. I figured out that I had not lowered my jack plate and was not getting enough water to keep the engine cool.

3. Member
    Thanks for the reply. I should have added that I have new impeller installed at dealer. The diagnostic report showed it over heated 7 times but it doesn't do anything as far as harm goes. After I shut it down and restart it may go days before it happens again. I'm now thinking due to rising water with some debris that perhaps it picked up something that caused a momentary block of intake. I really don't know.

It only does this after I've got on plane and adjusted trim accordingly for comfort ride.

4. Member
    Check your inlet screens, be sure they are positioned correctly. Any misalignment and they can cause cavitation. IMHO. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.