Thread: R91LS

R91LS

I saw a 2000 Ranger R91LS advertised has anyone ever heard of a what a LS is?

My guess it is a typo error.

quick google search shows me the boat, says vs in the first picture

waco- everything looks good except add a recessed foot well, and new stickers on the merc
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

4. Member
    Do either of you own or have owned a R91? If so how do they handle rough water? How do they fish? Can you still get the deck extension?

sorry i do not, and i think they finally said you can not, but some one can build you one easy enough id your not crafty
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

I had a 2001 R91 with a 200 Opti. It rides very well in rough water. It also fishes great. The only complaint I had about that boat was that the front deck is a little too narrow right at the bow. If you have more than 2 rods strapped down on each side and the butt seat in place, it's difficult to step around the seat and rods.
    Last edited by Jeff Hahn; 04-23-2018 at 01:09 PM.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

I have a 2000 R 91 and it ok in rough water. I try to stay out of rough water anyway possible. Yes you can still get a deck extension for a couple hundred bucks from Ranger.

Mine is a 1999. As mentioned, the front deck is narrow but it doesn’t take long to get used to it. Mine already had the deck extension in it and I highly recommend it. All in all, I’m very happy with mine.
    1999 Ranger R91 / Mercury 200 EFI.

9. Member
    I have an R83 I do not use front seat. After adding a recessed for trolling pedal and deck extension the boat fishes a lot bigger. I made my own extension very easy to do.
    RANGER BOATS

10. Member
    That should be a R91 VS (variable setback) from what i have read it went Sport then VS. 98-99 was sport and 2000- until end of production VS

http://www.bassboatcentral.com/rangerspecs.htm
    98 Ra​nger R93
    00 Evinrude 175hp Ficht
    HB Helix 12 Mega DI G4N
    HB Helix 12 Mega SI G4N
    HB Helix 10 Mega SI G2N
    Mega 360
    Mega Live