Thread: No One Looking

No One Looking

From the Lounge. I thoughts this was a very good vid.

Eddie
    2017 Phoenix 920 Pro XP Mercury 250 Pro XS

3. Member
    Well said! I almost get tired of seeing social media posts of every fish some of these guys catch. Yep you can catch em. Can you catch em when it counts or only when you are out there with your buddy? Seen some of those.

I'm one of those ole gray coals, my fire burns to fish as often as I can, but we all know this adult thing sucks, bills to pay, yards to mow, house to paint, wife to make happy(ok a hard one!), kids to run here and there, etc. I get my days on the water and cherish each one, I never know when my last one will come. I've had 3 back surgeries, one day I am not going to be able to stand on the trolling motor and chunk all day. Some days are tough already, but I'm not shutting down. And no I will not put a GoPro in my boat, I fish for me, no one else.

Thanks for sharing.
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

4. Member
    There is a dude on TFF that posts Another Share alunker or share a linker #6 just about weekly.
    seems the TPWD has made an 8 lb bass a Share a lunker and you get a certificate. I don’t click on vids from these wanna be tv stars but still laugh every time I read one.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwest View Post
    There is a dude on TFF that posts Another Share alunker or share a linker #6 just about weekly.
    seems the TPWD has made an 8 lb bass a Share a lunker and you get a certificate. I don’t click on vids from these wanna be tv stars but still laugh every time I read one.

He post them here sometimes too. Just another guy trying to make some $$$ from YouTube.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwest View Post
    Yep, that whole "participation award" kinda bastardized the integrity of the program, imo. I never follow the link to his videos, but I do enjoy having a at the comments on his threads.

Well that damn sho don’t apply to me.
    I fish by myself 99% of the time, so, well, that’s all I got to say about that.
    I didn’t realize the matter of broadcasting your fishin trip was a “thing”.

Thought it was somewhat ironic that he was broadcasting to YouTube and staring into a camera explaining this topic.

Oh well, back to my little corner of paradise.

"ain't too smart.....but I'm always thinkin"

8. Bobby8
    About the new Sharelunker program. I am buddies with a fisheries biologist fro TPWD. In talking to him, it's pretty much all about genetics. The 3 scales you send in is what TPWD is after. Through the scales they can trace exactly what female produced the egg that the 8+ bass came from. They want to be selective At the hatcheries and try to use only the fish gene pool most likely to produce the biggest lunkers for us. To me, they are just trying to provide us more lunkers to catch. Sorry for the long post.