Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brnzbaklvr View Post
    I think they should wage wars like the old days....Let the leaders fight it out in the Arena...The US would be in trouble against Russia though..

Yeah i'm too old to take on Sputin myself. He is cut up pretty good!! I might give that little fat guy a what for or two though!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nova Kaw 650 View Post
    Quite a few posting feel that the rest of the world (beyond the US border) has gone to hell and we/they have no personal freedoms.
    Give your collective heads a really hard shake, and wake up. You're trapped in a false paradigm.
    Scott, I don't recall anyone here ever suggesting that Canadians change anything about their country. It's your country, make it whatever you wish. In fact, I don't recall anyone ever saying the European countries that now have severe problems due to unchecked immigration have to change either, yet there seem to be folks all over the world telling us what "we" must do...

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

3. Member
    I will just keep my head in the sand and enjoy everyday I am given in the most wonderful country in the world and please do not confuse me with any contradictory facts.

4. Member
    Please tell me what part of "...except politics" do you not understand?

5. Banned
    It wasn't meant as a personal insult it was more to point out how hard it would be to get any type of mass organization moving in the general public..
    Let me ask you this...If there is a civil war where would the lines be drawn?? North/south, East/ West, Democrat/Republican, Poor/Rich, Land owners/ Government....How about the end state?? You'll never get a Civil war going without a clear mission, battle lines and end state...
    Maybe I’m wrong, but I think the lines would be fairly obvious. It would be the left and right coasts against the middle 2/3 or so of the country.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    Maybe I’m wrong, but I think the lines would be fairly obvious. It would be the left and right coasts against the middle 2/3 or so of the country.
    Now ...Other than extremists...Do you honestly think you can build a strong enough case for the majority to kill each other because of Geography??....Are you going to be willing to kill someone because they are from the coastal states....??
    I
    Last edited by brnzbaklvr; 04-22-2018 at 08:39 AM.
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

7. Member
    Now ...Other than extremists...Do you honestly think you can build a strong enough case for the majority to kill each other because of Geography??....Are you going to be willing to kill someone because they are from the coastal states....??
    Are they affiliated with BPS, Yeti, Cabelas, IKE, flat billed hats, J Wheeler, Nascar, NFL, Kapernick, Jerseys, Lebron, or do they keep fish?
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

8. Banned
    I’m not a smart guy, but to me a civil war would have no boundaries. It would most likely be rural vs city, as mentioned in a post earlier. Our state is the same way, the major cities tend to pull more liberal and the country”ish” cities tend to be a bit more conservative.

Now let’s think about how the USA treats countries (such as Syria) that are in civil wars. What county would be bombing our govt to help the rebels? Boy, if there were to ever be a civil war here...I think it would be the end of the entire country.

If anyone here ever listens to Paul Harvey, he has some stories about govts/empires failing when they taking taxing over 25-30%. Says that every empire/govt to do it has failed withing 100ish years.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    Exactly my thoughts... I truly believe we are much closer to a severe breakdown in this country then most all would even consider to realize. If the government or anyone tries to impact the grid and create martial law again, it will be a blood bath. Im praying that doesn't happen... But im way more convinced that it is coming on the horizon... I pray im wrong

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Racingfan View Post
    Exactly my thoughts... I truly believe we are much closer to a severe breakdown in this country then most all would even consider to realize. If the government or anyone tries to impact the grid and create martial law again, it will be a blood bath. Im praying that doesn't happen... But im way more convinced that it is coming on the horizon... I pray im wrong
    Again?? When did the feds ever declare martial law on a federal level outside of a natural disaster to stop looting...Or purposely kill the grid??
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

11. Banned
    I
    No it has very little to do with geography. It has almost everything to do with the liberal vs conservative thinking. It just so happens that the majority of the Coasts are democratic/liberal and the middle part of the country is more republican/conservative, so that would seem like where the logical divide would be. Yes there are both parties and thinking scattered throughout the country, but the as a whole that’s the layout.

Hope it never comes to it, but if it ever happened I couldn’t say I’d be shocked.

12. Member
    I'm in BTL.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

13. Member
    So...You think a large number of Americans would be willing to kill each other because the way they vote??.
    How many people are going to be willing to give up their jobs, families, bank accounts etc etc to go fight over what really are some.pretty basic differences that haven't changed nationally for decades..at least not drastically....We all still have our guns, Abortion is still legal, and we still have freedom of the press..etc etc..
    Would you be willing to sacrifice your son or daughter in a Civil war based on what really amounts to partisan politics...??
    Last edited by brnzbaklvr; 04-22-2018 at 09:14 AM.
    Zinn

14. Member
    Most liberal states and cites tend to be against guns and are harder to get access to guns. The conservative states and cites will have more guns...I’m glad I live in a conservative state.

15. Banned
    So...You think a large number of Americans would be willing to kill each other because the way they vote??.
    How many people are going to be willing to give up their jobs, families, bank accounts etc etc to go fight over what really are some.pretty basic differences that haven't changed nationally for decades..at least not drastically....We all still have our guns, Abortion is still legal, and we still have freedom of the press..etc etc..
    No I don’t think it would be like the old civil war. I would think it be more of just states dividing and forming their own countries, districts, or whatever you want to call them.

Sort of like if you all want to live With the liberal foundation then you live and take care of yourself over there. Conservatives foundations would have their own “country” and take care of themselves.

Again I don’t think I’ll ever see this in my lifetime, but I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility. There’s are already millions that wish it was that way now, so I couldn’t say that could never happen.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tfall View Post
    Most liberal states and cites tend to be against guns and are harder to get access to guns. The conservative states and cites will have more guns...I’m glad I live in a conservative state.
    Tell me the difference between the gun laws in Minnesota vs Mississippi....I used Minnesota because I just looked up their reciprocity rules..
    How about Washington State??....
    Zinn

Would you be willing to sacrifice your son or daughter in a Civil war based on what really amounts to partisan politics...??
    No I personally wouldn't anymore than I'd want to see law abiding gun owners disarmed because of criminals that misuse firearms. We are a nation of laws, and those who obey them should not be punished for those who don't.

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

18. Member
    At some point in time when the masses feel threatened and the way of life as they know it is gone, the basic human instinct is to go into survival mode. Once a major portion of this country gets there, is when the trouble will start. We have seen a slow decline but sooner or later the decline will accelerate. History does inevitably repeat itself because man inherently does not learn from the past. The next civil war wont be about right of left but about surviving. In that survival it will escalate to good versus evil.
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanmc57 View Post
    No I personally wouldn't anymore than I'd want to see law abiding gun owners disarmed because of criminals that misuse firearms. We are a nation of laws, and those who obey them should not be punished for those who don't.
    Ok...let's run with that...do you think you could get enough people together to warrant a civil war based on the banning of future sales of ARs?? ...It didn't happen in 1984 or whatever year that was...It didn't happen after the Brady bill...
    (I have multiple ARS so not anti gun just pointing out history)
    Zinn

20. Member
    It’s an opinion piece, just like the lady that had an opinion on the Bush Family last week he should feel blessed to be an American that can voice his without fear for his or his families life. Could America fall? You bet! I for one would lay my life down for her. That being said if she did fall my faith would follow me through whatever that brought, not faith in some “government.” IMO too many Americans have turned their faith in well being to our government and are now puppets to a vote one way or the other.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast