Question 04 PIV gas tank questions?

I have I believe a 33 gallon main tank and 2 10 gallon saddle tanks. Back around three years ago I was low on gas in saddle tanks and I sucked them empty while running down the lake. Once I figured it out I flip over to main tank and continued on. I don't burn much gas so I haven't used those saddle tanks since. I just noticed today when getting things ready after putting 10 gallons in the main tank, the gauge is not working so now the tank I always use I will not know how much gas is in it. I have a few questions. Is this a internal float situation? Is there a problem if I start using the saddle tank after they have been empty for three years? Is it okay to run my main tank empty? Any suggestions? Thanks

2. Member
    I will say I just change all batteries before I noticed the gauge not working at dash. For a bit other gauges were also not on. After I checked connections all other gauges worked. The gauge does move a small amount when I flip over to other tank on the a10 dash. Any thoughts? Is it a float or sensor system?

This is a WEMA fuel sender and is sounds like a sender is faulty. Not common with WEMA units to have failure, though it happens. A cheap Rochester will go in fine, though it’s still a Rochester.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    This is a WEMA fuel sender and is sounds like a sender is faulty. Not common with WEMA units to have failure, though it happens. A cheap Rochester will go in fine, though it’s still a Rochester.
    Thanks for the reply. Can you help with locating sender and ease of this fix. cost? diy?

Ease is five screws, and cost is entirely on your choice, though we do have these parts in the Parts Dept here.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Ease is five screws, and cost is entirely on your choice, though we do have these parts in the Parts Dept here.
    Went out and easy to locate. Didn't even know it was under drivers seat. Thought lets turn key and see again. It's working and I went out and tried again a few hours later and working, so all good.